Small openings along the incision line

Havalina
on 6/26/12 6:32 am
I know this is common and I just wanted to hear your experiences and what you did to help things heal. I have a tiny opening on my TT line and 1 in my armpit and 1 other one on my other arm. Each are very small and there is no infection. The doc saw my arms but the TT just opened last night or this morning. I have them covered in non-stick gauze and I am to keep them clean and dry.

Even though I know this happens often I am freaking out .. I just don't anything bad to happen. I think because I am so tired I am worrying to much.
 VSG  Aug 9, 2010 with Dr. Shieh in Fort Myers, FL    
HW 366 Day of Surgery 334
PS: Extended TT, Arm Lift, Fat Transfer to the rear 6/6/2012.

Laura in Texas
on 6/26/12 7:00 am
I used Xeroform gauze and mine closed within 2 weeks.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Havalina
on 6/27/12 12:39 am
Where did you find the gauze? My doc mentioned it because I may have to start packing my bellybutton.

Thanks for the responce!

Maureen K.
on 6/26/12 7:10 am
 my surgeon had me clean them three times a day with saline solution and just soap and warm water kept them covered with non stick gauze 

SW - 223  CW- 130 GW- 140  Start Sz 18 Current Sz 4 Ht. 5'6"
 BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

LoriD70
on 6/26/12 8:09 am - Fort Lee, NJ
I don't have any advice but I hope everything heals quickly for you!
elongreach
on 6/26/12 10:35 am - Owings Mills, MD
It really depends. I had the nurse check mines out and it was some of the dissolveable stitches that didn't dissolve. One they were out they hole closed up after about a week. The ones on my TT incision I used bactritran or something like that and when I had a suture removed from my breast I had to used sulfidine.
Anne D.
on 6/26/12 2:58 pm
I also had a couple areas where a stitch was poking out. So the doctor pulled a long piece out of one area, trimmed a stitch in the other area. Then they both healed fine. He just said wash with soap and water, cover if you want to, keep clean. If it's a stitch you can probably feel it poking out.

Havalina
on 6/27/12 12:41 am
Thanks for all of the responces! This part is for me has been fearful. I know its something that happens but to see it on my body is difficult. Trying to stay positive!

Lizzy25
on 6/27/12 5:00 pm
 I had a little TT opening too, the size of a pea. I kept it moist with bacitracin (applied 2-3x per day) and covered with a bandaid. It is important to not let it dry out and scab over, the scarring will be worse and it will take longer to heal. It healed in a couple of weeks but the scar is wider there, I can see where it was. However it doesn't bug me since I never expose my TT scar to the public anyway. Good luck! 
"The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." -Bertrand Russell
5'9 HW: 297 GW: 160 CW: 161
Most Active