Boston ps consults update

scalingback1
on 6/27/12 12:18 am - Mashpee, MA
Well I am done with my ps consults.  I saw Dr Colwell at MGH on Monday and she was fantastic.  She's has lots of experience with wt loss patients and is very thorough and approachable.  She suggests staging my surgeries in to two procedures.  First lower body lift with medial thigh lift.  Second bl/ba and arm lift.  I know I want the lbl first and she said I could combine it with breasts or arms if I prefer.  It seems to make sense to do the breasts and arms together as she mentioned my under arm area can be improved by both surgeries.

I went ahead and canceled my appointment with the MGH residency program.  In my opinion, these are such complex surgeries for any doctor, never mind those without a lot of experience with massive weigh loss patients.  Also I was surprised at how reasonable  Dr Colwell prices were to do the surgery at MGH.  The other doctors would give a discount for multiple procedures on their fees but at MGH they also discount the anesthesia and hospital fees.

I hope this info is helpful!

First goal reached at one year.    
 "What is, is. What will be, is what you make it."  Unknown

MyLady Heidi
on 6/27/12 4:33 am
That's your choice but don't think teaching hospitals cannot do this type of surgery either.  My stomach is washboard flat at 6 years out and it was reasonably priced at the time of 4k.  Making a blanket statement about residency programs is the same form of prejudice that most MO people endure.  Not nice.
scalingback1
on 6/27/12 5:57 am - Mashpee, MA
 That wasn't a "blanket" statement.  As I started the paragraph with, it is "my opinion"  It is no more being prejudice than why I am choosing one surgeon over the others.  I believe I will get a better outcome from the sureon I chose.  

I'm delighted you are happy with your results.  If you get the right combination of resident and proctor it can certainly work out. 

MrsClaus09
on 6/27/12 11:59 am
 Great to hear!!!  I will keep Dr. Colwell in mind for when I'm ready....who knows when that will be!  So, the big question...did youu schedule anything yet?? Very exciting!
My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
scalingback1
on 6/28/12 10:31 am - Mashpee, MA
 No date yet.  I switched health insurance a couple of days ago and am still not showing up in their system.  Since Dr Colwell is going to submit for the panni, I figured I better wait until I'm in their system lol.  Surgery tomorrow would be fine with me!

Most Active