Surgery Friday

tdjf_3
on 7/17/12 5:57 am
Ok I am SO EXCITED I'm having my arms and Tummy done My mind is racing My surgery is FRIDAY I have to be there @ 5:00 in that morn. Ok OH family tell me the lil secrets I need to know, What do I need to bring with me??? Oh and could you tell me is there ANY way I'll feel like going to a Wedding on Saturday it's my niece's 

God Bless & Happy Losing!!!!                 
1london
on 7/17/12 6:32 am
I have no answers...have not been there yet, but I did want to send well wishes for a quick recovery and wonderful results! :)

tdjf_3
on 7/17/12 6:38 am
THANKS!
This is one of the reasons I Love my OH Family

EthelMae
on 7/17/12 6:41 am - MD
Something comfortable to wear home.  Stretch type waist and a button down type top.

As for the wedding - are you talking the day after the surgey?  If so, unless you are super woman, not in this lifetime.  Even if you could go, where are you going to hide the drains in your belly and your arms?

Get a card, enclose a check, wish them a nice wedding and ask to see the pictures.

~Barb
Highest - 279 (08/2009)     Program Weight - 256 (03/10)  Surgery Weight - 232 (05/24/11)     

Laura in Texas
on 7/17/12 7:56 am
I say there is no way in hell you will be up to a wedding on Saturday. Were there no surgical appointments available the next week or is this a last minute wedding?? Even if you were up to it, moving around so much right after surgery could mess up your results. My arms were swollen the first 3 days. I walked around like a mummy.

I had a lbl/bl last summer. I went to a Sweet 16 party about 2 weeks post-op, but felt like crap. I did make it through most of the party.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

tdjf_3
on 7/17/12 8:14 am
Kinda of a last minute wedding but I was put on a waiting list with my surgeon so that if anyone had to cancel they would call. I was wanting to have the surgery before school started back in Aug. It's either Friday or the end of Aug which would mean missing work and that what I was tring to avoid. 

feistyemm
on 7/19/12 12:44 am - Westchester, NY
Where there's a will, there's a way! I went to a party the day after my gall bladder was removed. I was slow moving, but I went. If the person is very very important to you, they'd want you even if you were in a wheelchair.
1. Is there muscle involved with TT or just skin? I had a complete LBL at the time with the arm lift at the same time, so I was NOT in any shape the next day. If your TT is only skin you might be okay. 
2. What kind of dress are you planning to wear? You could have the tubes under the dress and rig something in a bag. Your arms and hands will be swollen -- for me it was not painful, but pretty uncomfortable. You'd need something not fitted in the arms especially, or sleeveless and wear a stretchy jacket over it.
3. I used to put my drains in a shoulderbag, and no one could see them. Cover the tubes with a scarf. It is possible for no one to see them.
That's my advice. See how you feel and bring a percocet. And use a wheelchair if it lets you attend your niece's wedding if you two are close!

Marla

Marla a/k/a Feistyemm
Surgery Date: 4/21/2005; HW: 333/ SW: 271/ CW:133/ GOAL: 150 or UNDER

Highest BMI: 54.7; BMI Now: 22.6 -- Jeans before surgery: 32. Now: 6
PS: 2006/7 LBL, Bracheoplasty & Upper Thigh Lift. 8/2012: UBackLift & Breast Implants
(redone 3 times). 7/17/18: vertical thigh lift (needs to be redone - left too much skin) &
replacement of 1 breast implant due to rupture (still needs to be fixed due to placement).

ahansil
on 7/19/12 7:42 am - Hackensack, NJ
RNY on 05/18/09 with
 Hi,
I had the LBL, AL and BL done last Monday.  The AL and LBL are the most painful and the hardest to deal with.  As another poster put it, I was also walking around like a mummy and hunched over like an old lady.  I am 1 week and a half post op and finally walking around more easily and straight.  The drains are also a pain to deal with.  So to answer your question, never in a million years would I have been able to make a wedding the following day.  I actually had a funeral and wake to attend a week after (obviously not planned) and I had my husband go for me and apologize for my absense.  Perhaps you can have someone drive you by the reception.  Maybe your neice would be willing to come out and you can at least give her a kiss in person on her special day.  

Good luck on your surgery!!

Alex

feistyemm
on 7/21/12 1:25 pm - Westchester, NY
 Hope the surgery went well -- waiting to hear!!!

Marla a/k/a Feistyemm
Surgery Date: 4/21/2005; HW: 333/ SW: 271/ CW:133/ GOAL: 150 or UNDER

Highest BMI: 54.7; BMI Now: 22.6 -- Jeans before surgery: 32. Now: 6
PS: 2006/7 LBL, Bracheoplasty & Upper Thigh Lift. 8/2012: UBackLift & Breast Implants
(redone 3 times). 7/17/18: vertical thigh lift (needs to be redone - left too much skin) &
replacement of 1 breast implant due to rupture (still needs to be fixed due to placement).

Most Active