Six Weeks post TT, doing much better, pics on profile

nicole W.
on 8/2/12 3:16 am - Bismarck, ND
 Well it took up until a couple of days before my 6 week mark, but the swelling has definatly gone down considerably. It wasn't until last week that I could wear any jeans, and now this week, I am almost in my normal sized jeans. Up until the end of last week, I had to wear my compression band almost all day to keep the swelling at bay. Now this week, I haven't worn it at all, and the swelling is just a small amount at the end of the day, but not enough to really bother me. 

I do want to ask, however, how long do the areas of numbness last? I have several scattered areas that I can't feel at all, and some that tingle if I touch or bump them. It feels kind of weird when I am wearing tighter pants. It isn't a big deal, but just wondering others experiences. 

Thank you everyone who has been so willing to share your experiences, this board has been so helpful in getting through this process!!
 2007_0529WEIGHTLOSS0114 by you. 2007_0529WEIGHTLOSS0117 by you. Sparkles by you. 
bugirll
on 8/2/12 8:38 am - MD
DS on 03/19/12
I had a TT before my WLS.  There will probably be permanant numbness on your lower abdomen.  Its like an upside down triangle shape from the belly button coming down to a point right above the crotch.  I was told I will never get the feeling back and that it is typical of TTs.  I am used to it now and I dont notice it.
DS with Toon Sonneville 3/19/12
MyLady Heidi
on 8/2/12 5:27 pm
 I agree about the numbness, and your tt looks great OP.
MrsClaus09
on 8/2/12 9:28 pm
 Looking GREAT!!!
My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
nicole W.
on 8/2/12 11:17 pm - Bismarck, ND
 Ok, I can deal with the numbness, much better than the flapping  Thank you your the support and compliments, it feels good to finally feel better with back pain, and feeling better about myself. So worth it!
 2007_0529WEIGHTLOSS0114 by you. 2007_0529WEIGHTLOSS0117 by you. Sparkles by you. 
bugirll
on 8/3/12 1:19 am - MD
DS on 03/19/12
I am such a douch...I didnt look at your pics at first...You look great!!
DS with Toon Sonneville 3/19/12
Kelly W.
on 8/3/12 7:35 am - WA
You look great!  I am 7 1/2 weeks out and feel good.  I had lower body lift and I still have swelling at night but getting better and nothing major.  I have a couple of spots that are still pretty tender and hurt just a little if I lay on it just right.  I hope you feel better and better each day!  Again you  look great!
Most Active