My first appointment for an arm lift....

katiedid_911
on 8/3/12 2:09 am
I have my first appointment for an arm lift at the end of September and am just wondering what I can expect?  Some of the feelings I have now are the same ones I had when I decided to have Gastric Bypass surgery.  Am I basically going down the same road?  I'm hoping this will be covered by insurance...so keep your fingers crossed.  I've been having major sweating issues so my doctor prescribed me deodorant, which works wonders, but it's making me break out and it makes my under arm itch terribly.  I'm hoping this will help my "case" with the insurance company. I have skin that hangs in my under arms and also over the sides of my bra area.

Any words of advice or anything would help me so much.  I'm still doing my research...so let me hear it!  LOL
Come visit my blog, Is This For Real?!?  katiedid911.blogspot.com/

Laura in Texas
on 8/6/12 11:21 pm
In all my years here I've only heard of 3-4 people who have had their brachioplasty covered by insurance. I hope you're one of the lucky ones. I had my arms done in 2009. Best decision ever. I love my arms even more now than when I was this size in my 20's

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Lizzy25
on 8/8/12 5:03 pm
 I second Laura's sentiment, it has been a great surgery and I'm really really happy with my results. The recovery was super easy too, definitely the least painful of all my procedures. I was only out of commision for a week. Go for it, it sounds like you'll benefit a lot! good luck! 
"The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." -Bertrand Russell
5'9 HW: 297 GW: 160 CW: 161
Phyllis T.
on 8/17/12 8:22 am - Las Vegas, NV
I am scheduled for brachioplasty on 8/30/12.  I am nervous, but yours and Laura's remarks have helped tremendously.  My doctor has said that the scars never go completely away, but I'm hoping by making sure that I follow all his instructions about movement, etc., that they will heal as good as possible.

Phyllis

katiedid_911
on 8/9/12 6:25 am
Thanks guys!  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my insurance will cover it.  Time will tell, huh?  LOL  If not, it's something I will save up for :)
Come visit my blog, Is This For Real?!?  katiedid911.blogspot.com/

Most Active