2 Weeks After Breast Implants & Upper Back Lift - Finally

feistyemm
on 8/21/12 8:03 am - Westchester, NY
 I'm finally posting two weeks after my upper back lift and breast implant surgery (8/7), which was 3 days after my wedding. In terms of pain, I was very sore. If I bent over at all, I'd get a searing pain in the incisions. I've been totally wiped out -- instead of improving after a few days, I got more and more fatigued -- I didn't even pick up my laptop for days and days. Before surgery I was worried about getting MRSA, as it had happened 3 times before. So when I felt worse, I got scared. I had no signs of infection, and at one week/2 days I saw my surgeon. The wounds look fine and still no fever. He said that with a double procedure, it is likely to take me longer to recover and to give it time. He wanted me to take Motrin, but with the RNY I haven't touched that since 2005 and don't want to take the chance of the complications associated with that. I see him tomorrow (Wednesday 8/22)

I was literally dragged to my 40th HS Reunion on Saturday night -- I didn't want to go. I shared a cushy hotel room with my best friend, so I thought of it as going to a hotel TO REST, and MAYBE stop in at a party while I was there. Well, with the help of a percocet, I did stop in at the reunion and NO ONE KNEW WHO I WAS in my size 8 slinky black sequined ****tail dress (including the person who made my life hell in HS and played a hugh part in the destruction of my self-esteem)!

Since Sunday I've just slept as much as possible. I'm feeling better. I'm still feeling twinges of pain, which my RN friend told me sounds like a nerve pain. Still feeling soreness. But I'm finally feeling like I'm on the mend.

I have no idea how swollen I still am, so I don't know what size I will be in terms of breast size. If anyone has an idea of how much swelling there actually is with implants, I'd love an idea. I don't know if I'm a B or a C.

Regarding the back lift, I'm not sure if it is swelling or if he left more than I'll be happy with. Here again, I don't know how long the swelling takes to go down.

I'll try to post some pics to an album asap.

Marla a/k/a Feistyemm
Surgery Date: 4/21/2005; HW: 333/ SW: 271/ CW:133/ GOAL: 150 or UNDER

Highest BMI: 54.7; BMI Now: 22.6 -- Jeans before surgery: 32. Now: 6
PS: 2006/7 LBL, Bracheoplasty & Upper Thigh Lift. 8/2012: UBackLift & Breast Implants
(redone 3 times). 7/17/18: vertical thigh lift (needs to be redone - left too much skin) &
replacement of 1 breast implant due to rupture (still needs to be fixed due to placement).

Kim S.
on 8/21/12 1:55 pm - Helena, AL
Glad to hear you are doing well, and loved the reunion story!

I have my 30th next year...and this will be the first time they've seen me thin....but I have to say, I really never had anyone tease me about my weight in HS....it was a blast.

Keep us posted on your recovery-you are on the other side now!

Most Active