Thoughts and experiences with Liposuction?

jpconnie
on 8/28/12 11:06 am - DeRidder, LA
Hi. I am 10 weeks out from tt, anchor cut. Going to have lipo on my flanks and a bit on my tummy. Hoping this will "even" out my look a little. Don't see much here on Lipo and was wondering if anyone had any experiences they would share with me? thanks in advance!
cleos_mom
on 8/28/12 6:03 pm - phila., PA
 I had smart lipo on my flanks and mons area n was quite pleased, luckily I didn't need the skin cut off again after 6 weeks my dr had a RF  MACHINE that does skin tightening it worked pretty good
Good luck
Susan
jpconnie
on 8/28/12 7:01 pm - DeRidder, LA
Thanks for your input...hoping the pain isn't too bad.  What is an RF machine? Never heard of it but will be sure to ask doc in the morning!
cleos_mom
on 8/30/12 10:49 am - phila., PA
Rf is Radio Frequency, it is suppossed to shrink your skin, it worked on me and i m diabetic and am 59 yo,
my Dr. gives u Arnica tabs that help with bruising wow that stuff is amazing, i had regular tulmescent lipo during surgery boy that was tender and sore for weeks, recently I had smart lipo it is done while u r awake it was awesome felt NOTHING at all the first 24hrs drained fluid from the site very minimal blood loss. was out driving the brusisng was minimal, I had already had a
tummy tuck with muscle tightening about 4 years ago this was for flanks and mons area, would recommend this to anyone wanting to finish the contour ,  i dont think u can get it done in place of a regular TT cause then u would have to much skin, so pleased
Susan
Angela S.
on 8/28/12 6:08 pm
I had lipo on my thighs when I had my LBL in May. I would say it was most painful part and took the longest to recover. I was heavily bruised too.  The swelling was kept to a minimum with the compression garment. I'd do it again.  

amccu18007
on 8/28/12 6:11 pm - Newark, DE
It hurts? I just had a lbl, bl/ba and an arm lift with lipo and the lipo hurt the most. It still is tender three weeks out and the bruising is still there. Others may have a better experience though.
  Amanda
SW 269    CW 135.6  GW 140    

jpconnie
on 8/28/12 7:05 pm - DeRidder, LA
Many thanks to all *****plied...I'll update my results...hoping I follow in the footsteps of the lesser pain!  I've had my breast lift and saline inplants also. I'm sick of hurting but really look forward to the end results.
For the record in case any one is interested (because I haven't posted in quite some time) I am about 5 years out from DS and loving life after losing 100 pounds. Weight has remained steady for the past 3 years within 5 pounds either way.
amccu18007
on 8/28/12 7:15 pm - Newark, DE
I too had the ds, best decision of my life!
  Amanda
SW 269    CW 135.6  GW 140    

PBJ
on 8/29/12 9:02 am
I had full back lipo when I had my extended TT...I have to be honest it hurt alot..and I bruised alot.  IN fact my pain went on for months and I kept blaming it on my back lipo...and it turns out I had kidney stones!  So now I am not sure how much was lipo pain or kidney stone pain??  Either way..I would do the lipo again in a sec.  I think it complimented my TT.

good luck to you

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
Lee ~
on 8/30/12 8:28 am - CA
 Patty, how is your incision line healing?  What color is it now? I am still purple in many spots.  Also, how soon post op did you begin with the paper tape?  Thanks!  xox

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Most Active