tummy tuck

BarbD
on 9/5/12 1:10 pm - IL
VSG on 12/11/07 with
I know prices vary around the country but if you had tt only, please let me know where and how much the surgeon's fee was.  I'm considering Chicago $6000 surgeon, $1000 office surgical suite and $1000 anesthesiologist.  $6k sounds kind of high to me.  Thanks for the info.  Barb
veranda
on 9/5/12 6:34 pm
Barb- I had a TT in the chicago area 3 months ago and paid $7800 total for everything. My friend had a TT 2 years ago at Northwestern and she paid $10,000. So you are in the same ballpark. Good luck!

cleos_mom
on 9/6/12 7:12 pm - phila., PA
 Sounds about right
BarbD
on 9/7/12 6:53 am - IL
VSG on 12/11/07 with
Thanks for the reply.  Have 9/18 6:30am as my time!  So excited.
PBJ
on 9/7/12 7:07 am
I think your prices sound great. But I live in California and we pay more for everything here.  In Jan I had an extended abdominalplasty and full back lipo, stayed one night in the surg suite (which also was 1000)...so the total cost for everything  (hospial, anesth, etc) was 13,000.  I didn't shop around , I thought this guy was the best and that is what I wanted.  Don't just go by price, make sure you are happy with him or her.  If you are, I personally think you have a great price!

good luck
Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
BarbD
on 9/7/12 12:37 pm - IL
VSG on 12/11/07 with
Thanks for your input.  Dr, Stein has done some lipo on me,  my brachioplasty, breastlift and inner/outer thigh lift.  We live in Central IL so he's almost 3 hours away.  Throughout my p.s. journey, I've had consults with three local p.s.'s but Dr.S exceeds them in every way.  I originally went to him because after my 100lb weightloss (in Aug 2008)  I wanted SmartLipo and he was the closest p.s. I could find that did that.  I liked him so much even tho my husband req'd I try to stay closer to home for other surgeries, he couldn't be beat (price & otherwise) so I continue to go to him.  But $6000 for a tt plus the other charges just seemed excessive to me.  Guess not though.
Barb
SleevedLife
on 9/7/12 8:38 am
Good luck with your surgery!  Would you mind sharing the name of your surgeon?  (You can PM me if you don't feel comfortable posting it here.)

I think $6k sounds very reasonable for the Chicago area.

Nutshell:

Lost 140 lbs with VSG. (Hooray!!)

got pregnant  (yeaaaa!)  

got cancer (boooo!)

regained 40 lbs.   (grrrr!)

In summary: Alive & Grateful.   

BarbD
on 9/7/12 12:43 pm - IL
VSG on 12/11/07 with
I don't mind at all:  Dr. Kenneth Stein, near the Mercantile Mart on Orleans St. in downtown Chicago.

SleevedLife
on 9/7/12 3:49 pm
Thank you so much!

Nutshell:

Lost 140 lbs with VSG. (Hooray!!)

got pregnant  (yeaaaa!)  

got cancer (boooo!)

regained 40 lbs.   (grrrr!)

In summary: Alive & Grateful.   

Most Active