Tummy Tuck and Breast Lift with Silicone After Gastric Bypass, Q

Rachael Richardson
on 10/21/12 12:28 pm - Alexandria , VA
RNY on 06/20/11 with
Hi everyone I just had on 10-17 the full abdominal plasty, breast lift and silicone implants (375 cc in ea).  They call this the "mommy make over' After two kids then being 250 lbs at  3 the weight and pregnancy really took a toll on my body. I had alot of loose wrinkled skin on my tummy and breasts that were completed defllated. I  am now 145 lbs wear a size four-six and have my health and life back!!

So I decided on the plastic surgery and thought well if I can get through the gastric bypass then I should be ok! LMAO.   I was wrong..two different surgeries two different kinds of pain and recovery process. 

First of all the drains.  I have two attached to my pubic area.  I now only empty them once a day and will have them removed at my week post op on Tuesday.  I am terrified about having them removed..!

Second, the pain.  No matter how much pain  meds I take (perkoset every 3 hours)  I am still sore, stiff and feel like my back is on fire!  I sleep sitting up in a recliner and still can not get comfortable.  The pain level has gone down since I had the surgery,however, I am still very sore and my mid section just aches.  I can not stand up striaght.

I did see the results and I am pleased with what I saw when doctor removed the bandages from my breasts and tummy! I am very swollen and and still wear a tight binder bra and binder around my mid section that the hospital put on. 

I am not complaining by any means..I feel blessed to have had the gastric bypass as it changed my life and health and I choose this surgery myself.  I am not complaining!  Just need to vent and talk to folks who may understand!!

Questions: how long did the soreness, stiffness and aches lasts after your tummy tuck?, how long did  you wear the binders around mid section and binder bra?, when were  you able to stand up striaght again after tummy tuck?, when did you wear a normal bra?, when did you resume driving and exercising such as walking?  As far as size do your breasts look larger now since  you are swollen or will they stay the same? Any answers or feedback would be great!!

kathkeb
on 10/21/12 1:20 pm
Racheal,

I was a bit surprised by the difference between WLS and plastics, too!

I had my arms and breast lift done together 2 years ago. Then, I had my tummy tuck about 7 months ago.

After the tummy tuck, I took my pain meds with a benadryl. The Benadryl helped me sleep and extended the time that the pain med stayed effective.
I needed the rest anyway.

I didn't have drains, so can't comment on that, but I was walking upright on the second day. Just do the best you can.

I slept in a recliner for about 4 weeks .. With a bunch of pillows to get comfortable.

I did not drive for about 4 days ... By then I was only on paid meds to sleep.

I wore my binder for most of the day for the first month, I think. I basically took it off to shower and left it off for an hour or so ...then it was back on.

After that, I wore it about 12 hours a day, starting in the early evening whe I felt swollen. I slept with it on.

I wore the front close bra for a few months, 24 hours a day basically.
I didn't have implants, so my breasts are smaller (but perkier) than before surgery.
I have small shoulders and my breasts seem to fit my frame better now.

Hang in there, it gets better and in a few weeks you are going to feel so much better!!!
Kath

Rachael Richardson
on 10/22/12 11:26 am - Alexandria , VA
RNY on 06/20/11 with
Thanks!  I get the drains taken out tommrrow and I am a little nervous....however, I am glad they are coming out! 
Pura Vida
on 10/21/12 11:20 pm - Costa Rica

I am two months out from a full TT and breast lift/augment with 369cc silicone. that first week was hell, but slowly it gets better, I really miss my exercise classes, but there is no way I can do them for at least two more weeks. I do feel "normal" for everyday activities, and I have 4 yr old twins to deal with. I had to have a revision on my left breast at 5 weeks out, so that may have slowed down my recovery. I wore the garments for about a month, now I use sports bras and my abdomen is fine.

good luck heather

Rachael Richardson
on 10/22/12 11:30 am - Alexandria , VA
RNY on 06/20/11 with
Thanks for the information I am wearing the same hospital binder bra and will probably just wash that and keep wearing it until I can get into a sports bra...
Most Active