Need tips for using the bathroom after thigh lift

Carolinagirl162
on 10/27/12 3:37 am - Fuquay-Varina, NC

I had my medial thigh lift on Thursday and the surgeon also did a direct excision of those unsightly saddle bags.  I am so happy with what I can see so far. 

I haven't had any problems using the freshette or straddling the toliet to pee...  but there is no way I can sit on the toliet to poop.  Each time I try to sit I feel like the cuts down the inside of both thighs will completely burst open.  And that makes me panic so I cant go.

I have a riser that should make it a little easier but so far... no go!  I have tried holding myself up so I don't put pressure on my legs, but that hasn't worked either.

Any suggestions?

LBL - July 2011; BL, BA, Arm lift - Oct 2011; scar revisions and implant exchange-Jan 2012; thigh lift - Oct 2012.. all done by Dr. Richard Carlino

krca11
on 10/27/12 5:43 am

I had the same issue and finally I just sat on the riser - holding myself up slightly and pushed.   I was terrified that I'd split those stitches but it didn't.  Immediately I starting taking Miralax twice a day and kept things smooth going for about a week.   If I'd not of had the riser, I don't know what I would have done!!!

Be the change you wish to see in the world

rhearob
on 10/27/12 12:40 pm - TN

The thighs feel tight, but they will be OK.  I used the extender for the first few days.  Go slow, use something to help you lower and raise yourself.  It will get easier.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

cleos_mom
on 10/27/12 6:03 pm - phila., PA
I put something on the floor in front of me so my feet didn't touch the ground cause my thighs did split
Susan
Amy Smith
on 10/31/12 2:26 am

I used a riser with handles AND a I sat a walker in front of me so I could lean on it to get up and down. 

The miralax is a great idea or a stool softener.  I ended up with Cdiff so I had no need to the miralax, but I had to figure out how to go quickly and the walker with riser was the best.

I may have had a few extra potholes along the way, but the journey has been good!   

• RNY- Christiana Institute of Advanced Surgery - Dr. Peters 8/09 
  • Medial Thigh lift & Brachioplasty - Dr. Macrea 7/2011  
  • LBL - Dr. Joseph Michaels (Sibley Memorial) 12/22/2011
  • Upper Body Lift with Mastoplexy - Dr. Joseph Michaels 12/20/2012

Most Active