Paying for PS

Mellissa L.
on 10/29/12 12:46 am - Southgate, MI

So... after having my consult with the PS and going over the surgery options... in total I'm looking at aprox 35K when all said and done. (if I go for the full LBL).

My question is how the heck have you paid for your PS?  Did you save for it, finance it, etc?  I'm just staggered and trying to figure out if this is even realistic.

Even to just get my worst feature (arms) that's 6-8k. 

Thoughts/suggestions.. etc?

Crazeru
on 10/29/12 8:33 am

I took out a 401k loan for my PS with Dr Sauceda.  It was 1/2 of what you were quoted and that included an LBL, BL, arms, sm inside groin, and a full neck and facelift.  Click on Dr Sauceda and it'll take you over to our little group here on OH.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

kathkeb
on 10/29/12 1:10 pm
I saved between my lap band and ps (I had to self pay for my band, too).

I did my arms first .... And then saved some more and did my tummy tuck.

I am lucky to have a full time job and husband with the same.

I gave up getting a new car and drive one that is 8 years old (and hope to drive it for a few more years) so that I could afford my surgeries without having to borrow.

My Realize Band was 12,000
My arms and breasts were 8,000
My tummy tuck was about 7,000

So, about the price of a nice, new vehicle .......I am happy to drive my old one in favor of a new lifeline!!!!

Good luck......
Kath

Kim S.
on 10/30/12 12:33 am - Helena, AL

Luckily I have a hubby who is a saver! 

Jujuvee
on 10/30/12 9:39 pm

I have had my plastics at a government funded/training hospital. My cosmetic surgeon is also the professor and # 1 burn surgeon in my city. I paid 10 thousand for a LBL and brachioplasty (arms). And 10 thousand for my thighplasty last week and a breast lift that was paid for but will be done in the spring. This covered all fees, supplies and overnight stay. Plus revisions.

So check out your options.

HW 405- Pre op weight 374- Plastics weight 203 Current weight 194

Circumferential lift/Brachioplasty November 8, 2011

16.3 pounds removed.

Revisions + Thighplasty  October 23, 2012

Breast lift- Spring 2013

Shelly C.
on 10/31/12 2:37 pm - Alameda, CA

I had multiple procedures at once as well, and paid half cash and the other half on a care credit card. I told my husband my body was my new car for two years...

Good Luck!

Shelly

Extended Tummy Tuck w lipo/Muscle Repair // BL/Aug // Arm Lift Aug 2012
Most Active