I had my PS TUES and am doing GREAT

SweetLilyAnn
on 11/9/12 4:10 pm - TX

HI everyone.  I had my LBL and breast lift Tuesday and I am doing awesome.  My pain is WELL managed and recovery is going nicely.  I am moving around as comfortably as possible. I had the gift of being able to hire a nurse to attend to me twice a day.  I am single and live alone and no other means of care except for my friends who have been awesome, but I do NOT want to impose upon all of the time.  The nurse comes in am and pm strips my drains, takes vitals, bath, whatever I needs.  Believe it or not, it is not that expensive AND well worth every penny.  Having her here makes me feel safe and secure and she is giving me great comfort tips. 

The most amazing thing is that I got to see myself naked with boobs that are not pointing south anymore and a tummy that looks swollen but is FLAT. I don't even recognize the body as my own.  My body is battered and bruised, but I can see that in no time, I will get to see my transformed body.  My left side is still pretty swollen, but that is actively going down as well so I am starting to see some results.

I walk twice a day and getting up and moving is the KEY to recovery.

Only negative:  Have not had a bowel movement yet....

I am so happy and THRILLED that I had the opportunity to do my PS.  I have NO regrets.  I feel as if I have been given one of the best gifts of my life.  Between my wonderful doctor, Dr. Paul PIn in Dallas and a potentially NORMAL body, I feel like jumping around and celebrating....BUT that would hurt like sh*T right now, so I won't do it.  I will just  express my happiness to y'all.  

I am a happy and blessed girl :-)

Thanks for listening.

HW: 328   GW: 164  CW: 159  Height - 5' 8"  
GOAL REACHED 12/15/2012!!!!!!!!!

RNY Surgery Date:  6/21/11  
LBL/BL  - 11/6/2012 Arm Lift with Abdominal Lipo - 12/11/2012 - Dr. Paul PIn
Love me without restriction, trust me without fear, want me without demand and accept me for who I am.         - unknown - 

kipz303
on 11/9/12 4:43 pm

Congrats! It only gets better! I'm still in awe every time I take a picture or look in the mirror. I had my surgery 13 days ago and couldn't be happier!  As far as a bowel movement, didnt happen for me until I returned to those lovely mushy-'slider' type foods and started walking around. Even now I need to make sure and drink apple juice or something to keep me regular. (stool softeners dont work with me for some reason)  Remember that most pain medications are constipating.

I'm glad you too are so happy with your results :) 

Happy Healing!

RNY - August 13, 2010

LBL - October 29, 2012

a total of 271 lbs lost!!

Kim S.
on 11/9/12 10:18 pm - Helena, AL
That is awesome news! I'm right behind you!

dana8221
on 11/10/12 12:19 am - Canada

I had a FDL TT and breast lift Tuesday, also had my first BM today..have to say I was doing a happy dance (sort of) after.  With the swelling and pressure on top of the bloating feeling, once we got the first one out it was like smooth sailing!!  I feel 100 times..ok maybe 10 times better but it sure helps relieve the pressure feeling in the abdomen area!!!

I am fighting with a bit of incision pain and the darn drains are such a pain in the ass...lol  I know they are there for good things but finding something to hang them on or hold them in the bathroom/shower/bed is a pain. 

I keep reminding myself "eye on the prize"  My Dr is Dr Nandagopal in Scarborough Ontario and I have nothing but fantastic things to say about him.

Quick question..with the breast lift, do you have any "liquid sounds"?  the sound is like when you drink too much water and the gurggling sound happens after...it is happening in my breasts and though they do not hurt, it sure is weird!!!

SweetLilyAnn
on 11/10/12 12:47 am - TX

Wow, I am so glad that everyone is doing so well.  That is awesome and yes, those drains are a freaking pain in the ass.  With regard to the boob sounds, I do not have that and have never heard of that.  I have no idea of what to tell you but only that it has not happened to me.  Curious to hear what your doctors says.....keep us posted.  Get healing nicely....my Post Op friends.

HW: 328   GW: 164  CW: 159  Height - 5' 8"  
GOAL REACHED 12/15/2012!!!!!!!!!

RNY Surgery Date:  6/21/11  
LBL/BL  - 11/6/2012 Arm Lift with Abdominal Lipo - 12/11/2012 - Dr. Paul PIn
Love me without restriction, trust me without fear, want me without demand and accept me for who I am.         - unknown - 

Most Active