What I have learned so far Post Op PS...

SweetLilyAnn
on 11/10/12 5:41 am - TX

Just wanted to share a few things that I have found helpful so far - I am only a few days out, but I am so grateful for the following that I wanted to share it with you:

1.  two 3ft x. 12 in x 1/2 inch  pieces of foam from an Upholstery shop to be a buffer between your skin and the compression garmet,  

2.  I bought three post shower garments that wrap around you  - you know the ones that  are made of twpel material and have an velcro strip at the breasts as its only form of closure.  Mine have two straps over the shoulder.  I got them at Marshalls for $5 each.  These are awesome and you can wear them around the house, and simply open it up to get to your bandages, but yet they cover you up the other times etc.....they are lightweight, comfy and convenient.  

3.  I double stick taped two small surge protector strips.  and use the 3M no damage double stick photo hangers to attach them to the dresser next to my bed.  I use one for all of my iphone chargers etc closer to me....and I use the second one with the lamp plugged in and so I can simply flip the switch off at night instead of straining to reach it to turn it off.

4.  The pick up and reaching tool is my best friend.

5.  A stock of Protein shakes are absolutely necessary.

6.  Colace is an MUST.

I will write more when I think of it. I am on some good pain meds so I need to take a nap :-)

HW: 328   GW: 164  CW: 159  Height - 5' 8"  
GOAL REACHED 12/15/2012!!!!!!!!!

RNY Surgery Date:  6/21/11  
LBL/BL  - 11/6/2012 Arm Lift with Abdominal Lipo - 12/11/2012 - Dr. Paul PIn
Love me without restriction, trust me without fear, want me without demand and accept me for who I am.         - unknown - 

dana8221
on 11/10/12 8:17 am - Canada

7) Benefibre unflavoured goes with everything

8) Do not be afraid to ask for help

9) Neck Lanyard is fabulous for drains to clip on!

10) it hurts, and no one can tell you differently...sorry...

11) Polysporin is good for skin blisters outside the binder

12) Fluids Fluids and more Fluids

13) did I say it hurts?  sorry again :)  Keep your eyes on the prize!  Everyday it gets better....

Thanks for the post, I have tried to research all of this and nothing really prepares you but being prepared at home first is always good. 

SweetLilyAnn
on 11/10/12 8:39 am - TX

Thanks for your add on...they are GREAT!!!

Being prepared and ready well ahead of time is the key!!

HW: 328   GW: 164  CW: 159  Height - 5' 8"  
GOAL REACHED 12/15/2012!!!!!!!!!

RNY Surgery Date:  6/21/11  
LBL/BL  - 11/6/2012 Arm Lift with Abdominal Lipo - 12/11/2012 - Dr. Paul PIn
Love me without restriction, trust me without fear, want me without demand and accept me for who I am.         - unknown - 

kipz303
on 11/10/12 9:54 am

Yes, Polysporin! It's what my surgeon wants me to put on my incisions as well as the huge bed sore/butt blister (sorry for the 'eew' but it is what it is) that formed at my tailbone.

RNY - August 13, 2010

LBL - October 29, 2012

a total of 271 lbs lost!!

Supergirl7877
on 11/11/12 9:41 am
I am 5 days post thigh lift, tummy tuck, breast lift and augmentation

Taking time to precook and premeasure food was totally worth it for this first week.

The female urinal is awesome and keeps dressing clean.

The lift chair was a steal at $200 on Craigslist. Also the old lady toilet seat is nice.

Having someone to totally take the kids was a god send

Read, a lot ore op....then when buyers remorse hits you know what is going on. Tmi but I had my husband take pictures of me this morning so that I could look at before and after. I have been all over the place emotionally and I am so happy to have read others who were similar.

Take it easy is easier said than done. I have never had surgery before so this is all new!!
Most Active