CosMed - After the Surgery

Caribou ME
on 11/18/12 5:23 am - Caribou, ME

I sent him an email and my pics yesterday!  What are you looking to have done and when?  I want a breast uplift (unsure of implants) and a lower body lift.  I was going to have my surgery in January at CosMed so I'm looking for a place that can take me in soon.

5'3"
50 years old
Start weight and bmi -- 228 pounds  40.4 bmi
Current (November 21, 2012) -- 150 pounds  26.6 bmi

pineview01
on 11/16/12 8:46 am - Davison, MI

Did you get a price for the recovery hotel?  I was planning to use them but have had such a problem getting a fixed price from them I am here trying to find some one else.

The first time I here from them they send this letter saying to get everything in writing when getting quotes.  Than when I try to get them to give me a price for everything she said they can't as they don't know where I'm staying.  When I asked for the price including the 5 day stay in their recovery suites she send me the price for getting labs there.  Not feeling the confidence right now.

I was just trying to get the all the cost including what I would pay for air(this on my own) to see how much more it would cost here.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Iam_with_the_Band
on 11/17/12 4:09 am, edited 11/17/12 5:35 am

Please please please research CosMed before doing your surgery with Dr Quiroz.  He leaves the aftercare to his patients which is extremely dangerous after having plastic surgery especially in a foreign country.  Please do your research.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

pineview01
on 11/17/12 9:40 am - Davison, MI

OK going to check out Dr. Sauceda

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

acbbrown
on 11/19/12 12:34 am - Granada Hills, CA

Ive spoken to two people whoo went with with Cos Med - both horror stories. I did not personally even consider it given those stories and just the way he structures his after care. 

I just had surgery with Dr. Sauceda - I can't imagine a better experience anywhere else.....

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Iam_with_the_Band
on 11/19/12 3:27 am

Same here Alison! I truly have yet to see a good result from the doctor there. And I believe if you are left to pay extra from your aftercare, some will chose the cheapest option  and it is not the safest option in a foreign country. 

Caribou ME
on 11/19/12 3:33 am - Caribou, ME

I would like to hear from them directly.  Can you put me in touch with them?

5'3"
50 years old

Iam_with_the_Band
on 11/19/12 4:11 am, edited 11/19/12 4:46 am

If you go to Realself, there are some reviews for your Cosmed doctor. Put his name in the search here and you will read about the one girl who had internal bleeding. 

I don't mean to sound harsh, but you seem very uncertain about your surgeon.  You are in a big rush and want it done as soon as possible. This is your life and something you need to be 1000% sure of,  It's not just something you decide in one day.

Another option you should consider is a Residency program in the States.  Going to Mexico isn't for everyone and not easy for some.  Check into some Residency programs.  The surgeons are good and the price is lower.  Also I advise seeing several ps in your area to get an idea of what is involved in your surgery.  Some surgeons will give you a lower price or special price if you're paying in cash.

Caribou ME
on 11/19/12 6:53 am - Caribou, ME

I am almost positive I will be going with Dr. Sauceda.  That is why I'm asking so many questions in his group.  You have been very helpful and you stressed the importance of having a PCP onboard.  I worked on that today and I now have it.  I managed to convince my PCP that she would be the best person to take care of me since she has known me for over 20 years.

I'm  surprised that you are wondering why I'm checking out my options.  Didn't you?  Did you go with the first surgeon you checked out?

I would like to add you as my OH friend if you don't mind.  I find you to be very knowledgeable.  I have learned a great deal from you already.

Thank you.

5'3"
50 years old

Iam_with_the_Band
on 11/19/12 10:37 am

I was worried about you when you said that you were in a rush to get your surgery done.  This is something that cannot be rushed.  Reading all you can and researching is a must.  I want you to check out everything you can.  And that means maybe the residency programs too. 

I am very proud that you found a PCP to take care of you.  The cost of going to the ER (as your only option) is prohibitive and something that can bankrupt the average person.  I'm glad you found someone who knows you and you trust.

I went to three consults in Denver and I talked to each surgeon about my options.  I was able to see befores and afters.  When I decided on Dr S, I read every post on his forum, every post from the beginning twice.  I re-read them again before I went in 2011.  I didn't want to miss something.  People who rush and do their surgery without reading all the pages are not always happy with the situation they find.  There are so many things to ask and so many things, you don't even know to ask.  Believe me, I was even surprised by things.  Going to Mexico is not easy, but for me I take it as an adventure and since I lived in Haiti - I don't fear developing countries.  Of course, I wouldn't have plastic surgery in Haiti, but I did spend some time in the hospital with Malaria.

Most Active