How long before a nice bath?

kipz303
on 11/22/12 5:06 pm

I'm 25 days post op Belt Lipectomy with abdominoplasty and mons lift.  I can shower (sort of) as long as I dont get my bandages soaked. I'm so used to taking a bath though to help my back.  How long was it before you could take an actual, soak in the bubbles, bath?

RNY - August 13, 2010

LBL - October 29, 2012

a total of 271 lbs lost!!

godzilla
on 11/22/12 10:41 pm - Israel
I don't usually do baths but my guess would be when:
You have no drains, no bandages, and everything all healed up.
Can you email your PS to ask?
Mikimi in israel
Brooke F.
on 11/23/12 8:03 am - CA
I'm a bath girl too....and I can't anytime soon since I have far necrosis going I . It's so hard for me not to bathe!! I'm not allowed to shower either (my PS doesnt allow for the necrosis area to get wet) so I'm still sponge bathing....but I do it in the shower and plug the tub so at least my feet/lower legs get toasty and warm! I wash my hair in the sink.
I can't wait to heal up and get in a nice hot bath again!!!
Jujuvee
on 11/23/12 10:41 am

I'm 4 weeks out and was told not until after all wounds were healed. But I am nursing a Necrosis area.

HW 405- Pre op weight 374- Plastics weight 203 Current weight 194

Circumferential lift/Brachioplasty November 8, 2011

16.3 pounds removed.

Revisions + Thighplasty  October 23, 2012

Breast lift- Spring 2013

kipz303
on 11/23/12 12:15 pm

*knock on wood* no necrosis here yet. However, today one of my drain sites ended up infected. Called the surgeon and he came in even though they're closed today. He checked me, gave me a different antibiotic and told me to still come to my appt on monday. Only thing that makes us think this is going nowhere fast is the localised fever right around the drain.  Everything else is healing nicely so far. again lol *knock on wood* 

I'm also not supposed to shower, I cover my midsection with 2 towels and dont get any of the bandages or incisions wet..I sit on a shower chair and use the showerhead to wash my hair and i wash everything else...but i want a bath SO bad lol. Thankful I can at least wash the important stuff but dang it.... my first soak will have bubbles...a nice hot tea or cocoa and aromatherapy candles to celebrate LOL

RNY - August 13, 2010

LBL - October 29, 2012

a total of 271 lbs lost!!

Most Active