Suggestions for surgeons in MA and some questions for any of you...

Jennifer D.
on 12/9/12 12:08 am - Wareham, MA
RNY on 06/15/12

I am looking to have surgery over the summer, thinking a pani and a BL (with augmentation? not sure), and would love your suggestions and stories...

I don't like how my arms, legs, or back are shaping up either... I am 6 months out from RNY after 2 lapbands, and I really want the journey to be settled.  I know, good things take time.  Did the skin tighten AT ALL for any of you after WLS?  It is clear to me that the extra inches of skin on my stomach will require a knife, but what about these areas that are just a little loose?  (Already going to the gym, lifting weights in hopes that the area underneath will be firm :) )

Thanks for anything you might share!!

Band #1... 2006 Band #2 (revision) 2008 RNY 6/15/12 (revision).    Third time is the charm!  7/30/13 BL/TT/Thigh Lipo.  THE END!!!

pinkpeonies
on 12/11/12 1:30 am
VSG on 04/23/12

I can't answer your question about what will tighten/firm up--that really depends on how much you gained and for how long, your skin's elasticity, your age, genetics...it's really an individual thing so hard to predict.

OTOH, I can recommend Dr. Jonathan Hall (http://www.drjhall.com) from Stoneham, MA. He spoke at my WLS support group a couple months ago and really impressed me. I've even met him for a consult even though I'm not yet ready for surgery--just wanted to get an idea of what to expect and how much it might cost so I can start and saving. I liked him a lot. His before/after photos speak for themselves.

Hope this helps! :)

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

5/27/14 - Extended abdominoplasty with hernia and diastasis recti repair

12/20/14 - Breast reduction/mastopexy with bra line back lift

Crazeru
on 12/12/12 9:24 am

You want to be as close to your goal weight as possible for the best outlook with PS.  Also, it helps if you've been weight stable for a few months.

None of my skin tightened up.  I'm older, but it needed the help of a good PS.  If you're looking at fixing your whole body, you may want to look into Dr Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico.   We have a fairly large group here on OH.  You can click on Dr Sauceda in my siggy line.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Most Active