Back home from my tummy tuck

aphephobicfriend
on 12/9/12 9:12 am - Ocala, FL

I'm finally up for posting after my surgery on Thursday. I spent the first night in a hotel because my mothers place has 21 stairs, and I had to go back to a post-op appointment the next day. Anyway, it was quite painful for awhile, but I feel much better now. I put some pictures on my profile if you're interested, but I'm obviously still pretty swollen. anyone else recovering from procedures?

As someone told me lately, everyone deserves the chance to fly!
acbbrown
on 12/9/12 1:46 pm - Granada Hills, CA

I think there's quite a few people recovering from recent PS. Im 3 weeks out, so techinically still recovering but I feel pretty good for the most part - easy to forget i still have to take it easy!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

bamabelle16
on 12/9/12 8:16 pm
Glad you are having such a great recovery! Your photos look good! Your push up picture was too funny! I didn't even think of that shot but have to get one of myself like that. I am scheduled for lbl with anchor in Feb. sure hope I do as great as you are! Keep up the great work as it looks fabulous on you!
Kim S.
on 12/9/12 11:09 pm - Helena, AL

Friday made 4 weeks post op for me from LBL and BL.  I went back to work at the office last Monday, and ran a few times at the end of last week.  Recovery has been fast and good for me-I hope you have the same!

aphephobicfriend
on 12/10/12 2:09 am - Ocala, FL

wow- I'm glad to hear that three and four weeks out y'all are doing so well. It's only day 5 for me, but I haven't done much of anything. It feels like such a longer recovery process than my WLS, even with its many complications. when was the turning point, if there was any?

also, does anyone know how long you have to sleep on your back? I'm a stomach sleeper usually, but even moving to my side would be wonderful. I imagine I have a few more weeks before I could do that.

acbbrown
on 12/10/12 3:20 am - Granada Hills, CA

It took me 3 weeks to be able to lay on my side. I'm still a little paranoid to sleep too much like that though because I tend to toss/turn more, and I did that two nights ago and it wasnt pleasant. After about a week of sleeping on my back though, I got kind of used to it. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Kim S.
on 12/10/12 8:46 am - Helena, AL
It took me to week 4 to be able to comfortably sleep on my side

aphephobicfriend
on 12/10/12 8:19 pm - Ocala, FL

thanks! I have been sleeping in a massage chair/recliner because it gives me the curved position and takes pressure off my stomach but today is day 6 of that and I'm yearning to be back in a bed again. I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow so I'll get to ask him about things going forward. my 1st post-op appointment I was in so much pain, I didn't think to ask him anything.

Laura in Texas
on 12/10/12 9:42 pm

Try your bed with a wedge or pillows under your head and knees/feet. I had my mom's adjustable bed for the first month, but also used lots of pillows. I could not sleep on my side for quite a while.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

aphephobicfriend
on 12/11/12 12:11 pm - Ocala, FL

I slept on the bed for the first couple of nights with the pillows wedged under my knees and such. This chair is just great because when I want to get up, with a touch of a button it goes from reclining to sitting, and then I don't need someone to help me hoist myself up. I am getting sick of the chair though, for sure.

when were y'all able to stand straight? my back muscles hate me from all the hunching over I'm doing currently! and any other milestones I can look forward to in the next few days?

Most Active