when will my swelling go down enough that I can shop?

aphephobicfriend
on 12/14/12 1:11 pm - Ocala, FL

I'm only on day 8 after my abdominoplasty with muscle tightening and lipo. I figure I have a couple more weeks at least. I was just wondering when y'all were able to fit into pre-surgery clothes, and better- when your swelling was gone enough that you were your new 'permanent' size. I am absolutely dying to get a bathing suit, but I don't want to get one while I'm too swollen. any ideads about a time frame?

As someone told me lately, everyone deserves the chance to fly!
acbbrown
on 12/14/12 4:22 pm - Granada Hills, CA

If I had been able to, I would have went shopping within the first 5 days - those days I had the least amount of swelling! 

3 weeks out, I had been doing well on the swelling,and got into my pre-surgery jeans with a little room to spare. BUT, soon after,  I blew up....I'm 4 weeks out today and bigger than ever. It''ll be at least a couple weeks before I get a good idea, but I did go shopping for clothes today. Wasnt much fun with the swelling, but I got a few things that I never would have fit into pre-plastics. 

I saw bikinis on sale big time today. Im playing with the idea of trying some on, and maybe buying 2 sizes (at Kohl's they were like $15-20!!!)

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Brooke F.
on 12/15/12 12:13 am - CA
Just within the last two weeks I'd say. I'll be 8 weeks out on Monday. My pre tummy tuck pants now fall right off....I've had to get new jeans this last week because my swelling has gone down so much that like I said my other pants were just way too big.
I also feel like I have NO shirts....they all look like tarps now becuse I used to want them flowing to hide the belly bulge and now that's not at all what I'm going for. So I've got a lot of shopping in my not to distant future
aphephobicfriend
on 12/15/12 2:10 pm - Ocala, FL

wow, thanks guys. Guess I didn't figure swelling was so... unpredictable. and long! but it's good to know, definitely

As someone told me lately, everyone deserves the chance to fly!
Laura in Texas
on 12/15/12 9:22 pm

3-6 months for me. Where are you going that you need a bathing suit now??

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Brooke F.
on 12/16/12 6:19 am - CA

Today I woke up looking like I'm 5 months pregnant! I've been wearing my binder all day to help combat the swelling...and wearing yoga pants too. 

Kim S.
on 12/16/12 11:04 pm - Helena, AL

I had LBL on Nov 9th.  Last week I was able to wear my "smallest" pre-surgery jeans, and they are big in waist........IN THE MORNING........by evening, they are snug.  I'm still swelling quite a bit during the day on most days. Most of my pants from pre-surgery do not fit....they are now way too high waisted....the waists come to right under my boobs....I'm going to have to buy low rise everything now.

But I'll wait a few more months before I invest the money.....I've got enough to get by, and my dresses all fit fine.

Most Active