Swelling question......

SweetLilyAnn
on 12/18/12 4:28 pm - TX

Thank goodness I haven't experienced much swelling to date, but today, I had full-flown swell hell :-)  what do y'all do for the swelling?  I have a Tempurpedic bed that raises and lowers the head and feet, so I laid down with my legs raised  Not sure what else to do.  I look forward to my walk tomorrow, I know that will help but  any other advice on how to tackle swelling would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks my PS buddies....

HW: 328   GW: 164  CW: 159  Height - 5' 8"  
GOAL REACHED 12/15/2012!!!!!!!!!

RNY Surgery Date:  6/21/11  
LBL/BL  - 11/6/2012 Arm Lift with Abdominal Lipo - 12/11/2012 - Dr. Paul PIn
Love me without restriction, trust me without fear, want me without demand and accept me for who I am.         - unknown - 

Supergirl7877
on 12/18/12 9:28 pm
Just take it easy and put your legs up. Drink plenty of water! I had some crazy swelling a few weeks out where my feet were huge. My ps put me on a water pill for 6 days. I didn't have wls so I try to refrain from food/drink advice but plenty of coffee helps me as well.
SweetLilyAnn
on 12/19/12 6:11 pm - TX

Thanks supergirl :-)

HW: 328   GW: 164  CW: 159  Height - 5' 8"  
GOAL REACHED 12/15/2012!!!!!!!!!

RNY Surgery Date:  6/21/11  
LBL/BL  - 11/6/2012 Arm Lift with Abdominal Lipo - 12/11/2012 - Dr. Paul PIn
Love me without restriction, trust me without fear, want me without demand and accept me for who I am.         - unknown - 

Supergirl7877
on 12/19/12 11:08 pm
It is my turn to be swollen today....I think I may have over done the running yesterday.
Brooke F.
on 12/24/12 11:03 am - CA
it's been just over 2 months since my TT and yesterday I did not sleep with my binder for the first time, nor did I put it in at all today. I am *so* swollen and I appear to have a pair of saggy balls when I look at myself with my underwear pulled up. lol

Not sure if I should wear the binder to combat the swelling or not?!?!

Anyone have any advice?
Supergirl7877
on 12/25/12 7:13 am
Ha! I had to explain my snort when I read your saggy ball description! I think the binders help with the swelling....maybe it is just too early? Or maybe the body has to adjust to losing the binders??? I have to wear mine for 3 months...looking forward to February!!
Brooke F.
on 12/25/12 10:15 am - CA
Haha!!
I decided it was probably too soon. I put the binder back on because I couldn't stand the feeling like I was about to explode at any second! It's gone down a lot but it's still problematic today, I just took it off for the first time and it's throbbing. sigh.

I am going to put it on again soon I just got a little tired of the binder since I'm not used to wearing it all day at this point.
Most Active