I am two days (well 1-1/2 now) away from BBR and Panniculectomy...Super NERVOUS!!

one_happy_girl
on 12/25/12 10:32 am

I was hoping to find some words of encouragement.  I'm even considering NOT going through with this.  After coming this far, I almost feel like I dont deserve it.  I'm afraid of the pain.....I'm afraid of infection....I'm almost afraid of not having this belly hanging off me anymore....I had RNY on 11-17-2010 and I'm down to 180 pounds with highest weight being 326.  I do have a lot of extra skin on my belly and breasts.  Any ideas on what to do?  NOT to do?  Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Laura in Texas
on 12/25/12 10:28 pm

When I was researching having my lbl/bl, my boyfriend tried to talk me out of it (he loved me as-is), but I told him i had to do it for my emotional health. I could not handle all the excess skin flopping around after losing 200 pounds. Afterwards when he saw how much calmer and relaxed I was about everything, he admitted it was the right choice.

Complications may arise, but I assume you did your research before choosing your surgeon. You have to have faith it will all work out. Happy healing!! You DO deserve this!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

KPpatient2
on 12/26/12 2:01 am - CA

Hi Happy girl!

I am 6 years out from my RNY, and I am still in shock that last Wednesday I had a Panniculectomy by Kaiser! So today I am 1 week out. It is awesome! Very little discomfort.Mainly I tube when it gets pulled around stings at the entrance site. No gas pains or anything like that. I look in the mirror and I think I am still in shock. I just can't believe it is me looking back!  Everything is GONE!!! Even 1 week out with the swelling still their I have a flat stomach! Never in my whole life have I ever had a flat stomach! She did know muscle tightening, Just moved the navel. By the way it helps a little with the thigh bags too! Drainage tubes are a hassle but well worth it! I can't wait to see what it looks like when the swelling goes down!  To not have to worry about covering all that fat! spring here I come! By the way I lost about 110 pounds and I am 55 years old.

Most Active