Excess Skin and Blue Cross Blue Sheild/Anthem

Carmen C.
on 1/1/13 1:28 pm
RNY on 08/08/12

I have excess skin.. has anyone had it covered? and if so how much of the coverage?

Had RNY on 8/8/2012- revision from Gastric sleeve in 12/2008-  
LOST 5.8 POUNDS POST-OPT

cowgirl64505
on 1/3/13 10:11 am - Saint Joseph, MO

Yes, definitely just got tummy tuck covered recently by BCBS Anthem and another person here got both breast reduction and tummy tuck covered by BCBS.  I'm sorry but I'm running behind on my way to work, but this link is how I got mine covered and she did too: 

See this link:  http://www.anthem.com/ca/medicalpolicies/policies/mp_pw_a053 328.htm

I was denied the first time, because I was told they always deny the first time as a rule, but the second time, it was put in front of a medical review board, and approved within a week and a half. 

Good luck!!!

Robin

Brooke F.
on 1/4/13 12:45 am - CA
They approved my tummy tuck the first time. It was pretty fast, and I was surprised since I'd heard so many stories of being denied.
You should read the criteria because it would seem to me at least, that you're not ready for plastics yet...you only had your RNY a few months ago, but it is good to know the specifics of what needs to be documented in order to be approved.
Best of luck.
countrytat
on 1/21/13 10:35 am - OH
VSG on 01/31/12

I have excess skin, and alot on my stomach, but Im not sure if its hangs low enough for ins. to cover for an abdomnioplasty  with anthem.  I have however lost just about 50% of my body weight and do have a little bit of rash on my stomach around the belly button area.....does anyone have pics they would be willing to share with me on how far their pannus hung?... thanks in advance!

Most Active