Home from the hospital

TammyH968
on 2/10/13 6:23 am - Wichita Falls, TX

Well I am home and my pain is under control.  I have not passed gas yet so I am on liquid diet for 3 more days.  Not sure what happens then.  I have been walking walking walking and sipping sipping sipping.  Just like when I had RNY.  I have 4 JP drains and you can already see my flat tummy.  I have the classic anchor scar and I think a million staples LOL  But I feel good tired but good.  My husband is taking off this coming week to help.  I thank God for that man.  Anyway I wanted to let everyone know I am home and doing well.

smbergie200
on 2/10/13 7:26 am - Naples, FL

Congrats on your surgery. Just had mine on February 6th. Im all wrapped up so I have no clue how awesome I look. I have 2 drains that I have to deal with. Enjoy your new tummy - I know I will.

Plastics - Extended Tummy Tuck - February 6th 2013

Tess145
on 2/10/13 9:33 am - Senatobia, MS

Congratulations on you both being on the other side.  Once the drains are gone, you will really enjoy your results.

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

TammyH968
on 2/10/13 9:49 am - Wichita Falls, TX

I know I will be happy when the drains are gone. My daughter's wedding is March 9th and I am hoping they are gone by then.

jeterway
on 2/10/13 7:40 pm

Glad to hear that you are doing good.  Just keep monitoring those drains.  They should be gone in a couple of weeks.

ReadyforPlastics
on 2/10/13 10:57 pm

Congratulations and welcome back home!!  Sounds like you are doing great with the walking and the sipping... and, yeah, that does sound really familiar!  LOL!  I'm glad to hear the pain is under control.  Are you taking pills for the pain, or did they give you a pain pump?  Is it difficult to get up and down?  I'm worried getting on and off the toliet will be really hard.

Keep walking and sipping!  I hope you'll have those drains out in time for the wedding - I bet you will! :)

VSG December 2011

Choose gratitude. 

But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!   Galatians 5:22-23

TammyH968
on 2/10/13 11:26 pm - Wichita Falls, TX

They gave me liquid Loritab.  And i really am getting around good.  Only really hurts in the morning and if I set to long.  But as long as I keep moving I feel good.  I didn't sleep very well last night.  Woke up at about 3 with gas pains.  Never passed anything but at least its going in the right direction.  LOL

Cinn
on 2/11/13 12:32 am - MI

Glady to hear you're doing well, Tammy! Thanks for the update. I'm going to be over here taking notes! Keep us posted on how you're doing. You will look amazing for your daughter's wedding!

melizabeth
on 2/11/13 7:19 am - CA

Tammy, so glad the pain is under control.  That's what scares me PAIN.  Personal question but do you have issues with constipation after your surgery?  I did after RNY, just wondering how you're doing in that area too?  Congratulations!  Hope you sleep better tonight.

Melizabeth

RYN 9/20/11--HW 211--CW120--Extended TT 3/7/13   

GOAL Weight 120 met 18 months post op

TammyH968
on 2/11/13 8:22 pm - Wichita Falls, TX

Well I have been on liquid diet for a week.  So I can't answer that question yet but I will let you know when it happens,  LOL  I did have trouble passing gas but that to has passed and everything is working fine now. My pain is only when I am still for too long.  If I am up moving I feel better.  I have not been sleeping good at night so I have been taking naps here and there to help with sleep.  I haven't slept through the night not even in hospital since surgery,  It just hurts more at night.  Hope this helped you some.

Most Active