Tummy Tuck, with panni removal and muscle tightening

marvelous793
on 2/12/13 2:20 am - Pooler, GA

Hello, I'm new to this board and had a questions. How long were you out of work after your tummy tuck or panni removal?

Highest Weight: 369/Surgery Weight: 347/Goal Weight: 180/Current Weight: 255  
sonnieN
on 2/12/13 3:50 am - grand rapids, MI

I had a full LBL & brachio and was back to work at after 4 weeks. Might have physically been able to go back (desk job) after 2 weeks but would have been very tired at the end of the day considering I was even after 4 weeks.

Jennifer G.
on 2/12/13 4:15 am - Roseville, CA

I had a tummy tuck and was back to work after 3 weeks.  The first week back I was very tired though.

emelar
on 2/12/13 8:51 am - TX

LBL 3 weeks ago.  Teleworking part time this week.  Plan to go back in the office next week.  We'll see how it goes!

kathkeb
on 2/12/13 1:02 pm

Tummy tuck with muscle tightening and mons lift on a Thursday.  I took 7 work days and returned the second Monday after my procedure.

i do Project Management from home, so was able to take a short nap at lunch time each day when I needed to.

Kath

melizabeth
on 2/12/13 11:07 pm - CA

Did you have your mons lipo suctioned as well?  I heard some say to make sure to ask the PS to do this.  Thanks for the info.

Melizabeth

RYN 9/20/11--HW 211--CW120--Extended TT 3/7/13   

GOAL Weight 120 met 18 months post op

kellybelly333
on 2/13/13 1:02 am - Toronto, Canada

I had panni removal with muscle tightening on January 28th, and came back Feb. 8th. I am tired by the end of my work day (desk job 8:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.)

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

melizabeth
on 2/13/13 3:06 am - CA

Just scheduled my extended tummy tuck for March 7.  Do you have any tips you'd like to share?  Did your doctor have you drinking protein drinks prior to surgery and after?  Congratulations on your new tummy and belly button.

Melizabeth

RYN 9/20/11--HW 211--CW120--Extended TT 3/7/13   

GOAL Weight 120 met 18 months post op

kellybelly333
on 2/13/13 3:46 am - Toronto, Canada
Thanks! I have been having protein coffee (one scoop of 35 grams of Kaizen chocolate isolate protein) daily as I started running more. I get in over 100 grams daily. I didn't add anything to my regimen. I wasn't asked to, but doing the research showed that having a good amount of protein in my diet is great for healing. I did add an extra shake daily for the first few days, just in case.

The drains are a pain, and I had mine In For 9 days. I also made sure I was (and still am) well hydrated. Much more so than before my PS. I slept in a recliner until my drains were out. My hubby was scared of hurting me, and I was scared of rolling on them. I draine and measured the daily amoun of fluid, and heard that you have to have less than 30 ml a day before you can have them out. I was down to about 20 by the time they came out.
I wear a binder 24/7, and will for another two weeks or so. I'm still swollen a lot, and my bruising is going away nicely. I rested lots and still do. Even though I'm back at work, I'm taking the train instead of driving this week. My biggest challenge was trying not to snack while I was at home.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

CThrasher
on 2/27/13 2:09 am - CA
Had it on a Thursday, went back to work on Monday. Walking hunched over was the hardest thing. Also, I had my drains for 6 weeks...but I just pinned them to my binder.
Most Active