Outer thighs done

lbaetz
on 2/19/13 10:24 pm - St. Thomas, Canada

Hi everyone

I had my outer thighs done on Feb 8.  He made horizontal cuts on both sides.  Deff not as painful as the LBL a year and half ago but it's still up there pain wise.  This was the first time my surgeon had done this procedure this way and he told me he could not make my scars look pretty like the last time.  Yes they are pretty nasty looking but I knew starting this journey I would be trading Skin for Scars and I am very proud of all the scars I have.  I will get pics up as soon as I can.  Hope everyones doing well and remember that this journey we are all on together is a priveledge.

Lori

smbergie200
on 2/21/13 5:12 pm - Naples, FL

Congrats and wishing you a speedy recovery. Looking forward to seeing your after pics.

Plastics - Extended Tummy Tuck - February 6th 2013

Laura in Texas
on 2/21/13 7:42 pm

Did they do any lipo? Are you happy so far?? My saddle bags are horrible. Just curious what other surgeons are doing.

Hope your recovery is going well!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

lbaetz
on 2/21/13 9:00 pm - St. Thomas, Canada

No lipo Laura, just incisions right across my thighs.  It was the first time he had done it this way so I was a bit of a guinnea pig.  So far I am very happy with the one side however the other one is still swollen so we'll see.  I'll try to get pics up for you soon.

Lori

Laura in Texas
on 2/21/13 10:55 pm

Interesting. I am curious to see where the incision is. I'm sure I need at least a little lipo on my outer thighs. That plus an inner thigh lift should fix mine.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

BarbD
on 2/23/13 6:19 am - IL
VSG on 12/11/07 with

I begged my p.s. to make horizontal cuts across the top of my outer thighs.  No way would he do it.  Said the scars would be bad but I felt (still feel) it would really accomplish what I wanted.  So now I've had two outer thigh lifts; they're much better than they were but there's still skin there, especially noticeable when I sit.  I wish you all the best.  Hope they turn out beautiful!!!

Jujuvee
on 2/28/13 3:40 pm

I understand the trading scars for skin comment. Albeit I am scarred just about everywhere except my toes I am ok with my decision. I had my inner thigh lift in October and even though I wish my surgeon had taken a bit more skin off I am loving not having the big skin flaps on my upper thighs I could sit and knit pick at a lot but I have to realize that I am still a larger girl and I need to be realistic.. For some reason my surgeon is not a fan of lipo but when we do my breast lift in may he is going to make some other cut to address my saddle bags a bit more than what the LBL did.

HW 405- Pre op weight 374- Plastics weight 203 Current weight 194

Circumferential lift/Brachioplasty November 8, 2011

16.3 pounds removed.

Revisions + Thighplasty  October 23, 2012

Breast lift- Spring 2013

BarbD
on 3/28/13 1:37 am - IL
VSG on 12/11/07 with

Hi Lori,

Since I'm done with my plastic surgery I don't get on OH everyday - maybe weekly, sometimes less.  However, I read your post of Feb 20 that you had outer thigh horizontal surgery and that you would post pictures.  I didn't see them on your page when I checked today.  Do you still plan to post them?  I'm just really curious how they turned out since I wanted mine done that way.

Thanks, Barb

Most Active