19 days post tummy tuck

firefly2000
on 3/18/13 11:14 pm - NJ
VSG on 03/20/12

Yesterday I had my third post op appointment with my PS. So far everything is healing well and I have very little swelling. I no longer have to wear the blue thick foam under my binder! I was also told that I could either continue wearing my binder or I could wear a compression garment. The PS said that if I wore a compression garment to make sure that it is smooth over my belly because some compression garments can actually cause wrinkling, and puckering of the abdominal skin while healing. He also said that I could begin scar therapy.

Today I started wearing Design Veronique compression garment with the zipper on the side that I had ordered online. It was very easy to put on (love the zipper!) I ordered the 2xl which made me a little depressed, however the garments do tend to run on the smaller side. I love the smooth fit, and the amount of control and support that it gives.

I also began scar therapy. I ordered Oleeva Scar Shapes. It comes pre cut to fit over your TT scar. They suggest only to trim the strip if necessary. Since my scar it quite thin I did trim a little and used the extra to cover my belly button, and also used small pieces to cover over my VSG scars. (thinking about wearing a bikini at some point!) Oleeva shapes are expensive and only last up to 4 weeks. They suggest for optimal results to replace with a new strip every 4 weeks up to 8-12 weeks. So that is something to strongly consider when ordering.

Since surgery I have lost a total of 7lbs. My appetite is slowly coming back however, I make sure that I choose healthy choices. ( staying away from fatty, and salty foods) I was cleared to start going for walks but to start slowly. I also asked if I could start lifting light free weights. My PS suggested nothing over 3lbs at this point.

This coming Saturday we are having just family coming over for my son's b-day. My husband is so wonderful and helpful, and so is my 16 year old daughter, so I will be receiving a lot of help. (food will be catered, paper products makes clean up easy!) I sort of feel like this Saturday will be like a "coming out" party for me. I am excited to see everyones reaction to my new curves!!

ReadyforPlastics
on 3/19/13 3:55 am

So glad to hear it sounds like you are healing well!   I agree that compression garments run insanely small.  I mean, I get they are supposed to be tight to compress... but come on!  For someone as little as you to have to order a 2XL is just ridiculous.  I ordered a 3X compression top that covers my arms and chest (has a bra-like vest sort of thing) to help with my post-arm lift-compression.  Since I'm small on top (we are talking an A or B cup) and my arms are now relatively small (less than 12 inches in circumference when not too swollen) I thought the 3X would be plenty big.  Oh  LORDY I barely fit in the stupid thing.   

It makes me wonder what truly plus size men and women do when they require compression garments!  When I was really wearing 3x and 4x clothes (you know, 150 pounds ago!) there is no way in hell I could fit into this 3x compression garment.  Insane, insane, insane.

I am glad to know that I'm not alone in finding compression-wear a bit .... small.    I thought it may have just been my own personal intolerance for anything tight.

Anyway, enjoy your "coming out" party - be sure to not over-do it!!  Lean on those helpers of yours.   Keep healing beautifully!!

VSG December 2011

Choose gratitude. 

But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!   Galatians 5:22-23

firefly2000
on 3/19/13 7:42 am - NJ
VSG on 03/20/12
Ready for plastics,

I know, it's crazy how they size compression garments!! I thought for sure that I would have to return my garment for a smaller size! But alas! it fit!
I have to say that it is very comfortable, and I like the shape it gives me under my clothes.
Lesley
firefly2000
on 3/20/13 10:40 am - NJ
VSG on 03/20/12

Hey Ready for Plastics,

I noticed on your signature bar that you had neck lipo? Can you tell me about your experience and results? I have some loose skin under my chin and neck and I asked my PS what procedure would he suggest. He suggested a small incision under my chin to do lipo, and then he would thread 2 anchor threads on either side of my neck to pull up the skin? He also mentioned to small incisions behind my ears? Is that similar to what you had? How long was the healing process? Did you have a lot of bruising? Are you happy with your results?

I am in my brothers wedding May 5th and I was wondering if I had this procedure done, would it give me enough healing time? Did you have to wear a chin strap? Last question, are you happy with your results?

Lesley

Cinn
on 3/19/13 5:41 am - MI

Congrats! Glad to hear things are going well. Thanks for the great advice, too!

firefly2000
on 3/19/13 7:34 am - NJ
VSG on 03/20/12
Cinn,

Thanks for your kind words!

Lesley
melizabeth
on 3/19/13 6:35 am - CA
Hey, I'm right behind you. I'm 12 days post op. I was told yesterday that I will wear my binder for a total of 6 weeks. Like you, I don't have much of an appetite. I like the weight loss results too. Congratulations, enjoy your coming out party.

Melizabeth

RYN 9/20/11--HW 211--CW120--Extended TT 3/7/13   

GOAL Weight 120 met 18 months post op

firefly2000
on 3/19/13 7:33 am - NJ
VSG on 03/20/12
Melizabeth,
I am happy to hear that you are healing well! Are you planning on doing any scar therapy?
Lesley
Tess145
on 3/20/13 7:33 am - Senatobia, MS

Hey Firefly:

I am ordering a marena compression garment and it tells me to order a 2 XL.  I am 158 lbs. ant 5'5" tall.  I see that you are 135 lbs.  How tall are you?  I made need to go to a 3 XL.  Thanks for the information.

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

emelar
on 3/20/13 7:46 am - TX

Tess, which compression garment are you getting?  My surgeon provides the first one (they stuff you in it while you're still in the OR), and they measured me at the office and ordered a Large.  I have similar stats as you - 5'5", 150 pounds.  They ordered this:

http://marenagroup.com/garmentstore/product/tabid/199/p-94-mid-thigh-length-girdle.aspx

Most Active