Does it hurt??

lswaney
on 4/2/13 3:51 am - Whiteman AFB, MO

To have the drain removed???

KeepOn
on 4/2/13 4:15 am

No. I was worried myself, even asking if I should take pain meds before having them removed. Surgeon said not to worry.

They were out before I even knew he had pulled them out. NOTE: my drains were in the front, in the groin area, 4 total.  Two of which fed all the way to the buttock. 

PS. I also wondered it they stitched the hole that the tube came out of, no. They just put compression pad on it with some tape and it heals closed on it's own. NOTE: it may ozze a little , but no big deal.

lswaney
on 4/2/13 4:20 am - Whiteman AFB, MO
Ok wow! I have just one on my or near my hip. I've heard from friends it hurts so I was also wondering if I needed to take a Percocet. This gives me comfort knowing you had that many and didn't feel anything. My husband took out my pain pump tubes yesterday and I didn't feel anything, but the drain is a thicker tube or it at least looks like it. Thanks again for the info!
emelar
on 4/2/13 5:06 am - TX

Same as KeepOn - 4 removed from my mons area.  Felt like a worm moving under my skin, but no pain.  Over before you know it!

curious3069
on 4/2/13 5:13 am - Newton, IL

Mine didn't hurt at all.   I felt it moving under the skin, but it was pulled out quickly...it was more a weird feeling than anything, made me laugh.

alla B.
on 4/2/13 6:14 am

From my TT no pain, but from my BL, oh god, i was screaming.

sorry , i wish you no pain.

it is such a relief without drains!.

alla

PART 1 VSG  03/28/2006;  PART 2   DS  01/31/20007

lswaney
on 4/2/13 6:19 am - Whiteman AFB, MO

Wonder why the BL hurt more?

bamabelle16
on 4/2/13 11:25 am
My drains were in for lbl/fdl surgery. Not much. I has two drains that burned when they were stripped and two that didn't. It is more uncomfortable than hurting. It is quick. Nothing to get worked up over. You'll be fine.
smbergie200
on 4/2/13 11:31 am - Naples, FL

Nope - did not feel a thing. So happy when they came out!

Plastics - Extended Tummy Tuck - February 6th 2013

Kim S.
on 4/2/13 11:35 pm - Helena, AL

I had 3 with my LBL-one came out of the top of my thigh on the left, the other two same spot on the right.  The left was pulled first-within a few days of surgery.  It felt like a snake moving under my skin-no biggie.  When he pulled the other two a week later, it helped when he "drew" on my body where it was, so I'd know what to expect.

All in all, I worried needlessly.  It was far more wonderful to be without them!!

Most Active