Having TT tomorrow and could use reassurance please

MyBariatricLife
on 4/16/13 7:22 pm

Hello, I have waited so long to get a TT... I have thought about it for a few years... And now the day is finally here. I am having it done tomorrow with Dr Capella. I have put off getting it because of fear. I did the same thing with my gastric bypass. And when I finally got it, my life became so much better. I wonder why I had waited so long. So last week I met with the PS and got him to schedule me for this week so that I did not chicken out, LOL! But I am getting nervous and could really benefit I'm all of you who have had TT or LBL to tell me how well it went for you! Thanks very much!!!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Laura in Texas
on 4/16/13 7:48 pm

Just know the first few days may be hell. Take your pain meds ON SCHEDULE to prevent pain at least the first few days. It's hard to control the pain if you let it get out of hand. Plastic surgery was the answer to my prayers. I had to have it for my mental health. I am so thankful to feel "whole" again.

Rest up and happy healing!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Tess145
on 4/16/13 10:00 pm - Senatobia, MS

You will do great.  Do what Laura said and stay ahead of the pain with your medication.  Walk as much as you can to prevent blood clots and help with soreness.  I pretty much was down for about 6 days before I started feeling normal again but that was due to antibiotics and dehydration.  Drink plenty of fluids.  You will be amazed at how good you look and how flat your tummy will be.  You will start dreaming of doing other plastics on the rest of your body too.  Special prayers for you tomorrow.

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

ReadyforPlastics
on 4/17/13 12:29 am

Oh, waiting is really so stressful - I know!!  I had an anchor tummy tuck done two weeks ago, and I was so nervous about it - I even seriously considered canceling it (especially after recovery from my arm lift was more difficult than I anticipated).

But...  let me tell you.  It wasn't nearly as painful as I feared.  Not.  Even.  Close.   The first night, when I was in the hospital, was difficult because there was some kind of snafu with my pain meds and so I didn't have any pain meds at all for the six hours after I got out of recovery.  That sucked, I won't lie.    But....  it was amazing how quickly things improved once appropriate pharmaceuticals were employed.  The first time standing up and walking was scary, but every time it got easier.   Fear was the hardest part for me.  Reality, fortunately, was much easier. 

My surgeon is amazed at how quickly I've bounced back from the surgery.  I think part of it was that I didn't have any lipo - I had muscle repair, though, and 8 pounds of skin removed!     My body ....  it leaves me speechless.  I don't look at all like the same person.  Even though I still have plenty of swelling, I can see the dramatic transformation and I already know it was well worth the sacrifices it took to make this surgery happen. 

No matter what happens, just know you WILL  heal and it WILL get better every day.   Don't worry about anything (that includes your weight, your measurements, whether or not you made the right choice, etc.etc.) immediately after surgery.  Just focus on healing and taking it one day (or one hour) at a time.   Also, take your pain meds.   Don't be a hero and try to wean off of them early.  There is no prize for not taking your pain meds as recommended.  (I had to remind myself of this a few times!) Take any pharmaceutical help you can get to be comfortable (pain meds, muscle relaxers, anti-anxiety if you need it, etc.) Oh and take stool softeners every day too.  Trust me.  With that lovely ****tail of pain meds, things tend to get a bit ... er... stuck. ;)

Good luck with your upcoming surgery.  I'll say a prayer for you. Go forward with confidence.    ((((HUGS)))  It may not be for a few days, or a few weeks, or even a few months, everyone is different... but believe me when I say that you will be SO GLAD that you did this for yourself!   Trust that day will come! 

OK... here are some extra (((HUGS))).  You'll do great!   Congraulations!

VSG December 2011

Choose gratitude. 

But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!   Galatians 5:22-23

MyLady Heidi
on 4/17/13 2:25 am, edited 4/17/13 2:29 am

I wasn't nervous at all, I wanted it done so badly.  It was the best money I ever spent.  Having a perfectly flat stomach is really a miracle.  If I had to pick only one thing to fix that is the one that makes all the difference in the world and makes other womyn pea green with envy, its the tummy tuck.

Good Luck!

Before and After. 

2006-2012

lovabutterfly
on 4/21/13 8:46 am

Your tummy looks amazing, I will be having surgery within a month with Dr. Sauceda and if I come out with a tummy even close to yours I will be ecstatic. Congrats on your body

MyBariatricLife
on 4/17/13 12:56 pm

Just have to say that you look freaking amazing, Heidi!

Thanks to each and everyone of you for your helpful words of encouragement. It truly helps and I very much aproeciate it. I cannot wait to get rid of this apron! My granddaughter was kneading my tummy fat tonight like it was dough. I told her tht I would not have my big balloon when I come home. Oh to be rid of it and my FUPA... I cannot wait to feel normal.

my daughter and granddaughter and I went out all day and had fun at chuckle cheese. It was a great distraction. I am feeling calm a d hope that lasts up until surgery. 

I look forward to posting before and after pictures!!!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Most Active