advice for TT and breast lift no implants?

BetsyDP
on 4/26/13 10:59 pm - East Lansing, MI
I'm getting TT and breast lift in 3 weeks. Any advice for aftercare. I have a lazy boy. Will I need someone to help me get up, to the restroom? For how long?. When can I drive? How long was your reovery?

godzilla
on 4/27/13 1:42 am - Israel
Not to sound condescending but I would imagine your PS or clinic will give you a flier with some info and recommendations to healing and recovery.
In Israel the medical system is similar to the NHS and if going via a public hospital (I have no money living off of govmt Disability) usually only one procedure done at a time; I have had TT and breast lift with no augmentation but a year apart. Both times two pieces of paper with "rules" for in the hospital and tips for when at home.
Each PS/hospital/clinic might have different rules/tips for rest/compression. garments and driving I don't drive and had a three hour bus ride home do arranged to stay near the hospital until after my first clinic apprmt.
I have very low threshold on pain and tend towards complications which mystify the medical staff.
I live alone but for my showers I would ask a friend to come over to be nearby "just in case" I was wobbly on my feet and to out the creams on my problematic areas.
With TT I had lower back pain from not being allowed to stand upright the first week or so. My boobies had their own problems looking very bruised (often normal) and then one boobie opened near the areola. I still to this day (my breast lift was 30/07/12) have hypersensitivity in my breasts which not very woman has.
I don't regret for a moment either of my surgeries even if I do not look like a thin woman I look way better now than I did when I weighed 120K at 152cm. I am also on Appeal for inner thigh surgery but it seems to be a losing battles with the higher-ups.
Mikimi in Israel
kathkeb
on 4/27/13 9:33 am

I had my tummy tuck as a separate procedure (about 15 months after arms/breast lift).

I had rented a remote control recliner that reclined all the way back and a bit past 'forward' to help me get up.

I had out-patient surgery -- and was home by late afternoon.  I napped in the chair for a few hours and then had my husband's help in getting up and walking to the bathroom.  I had a pain pump attached to me -- no drains.

It was easier to squat in the bathroom than I expected it to be -- there was so much anesthetic in my incision that I did not feel any pain in the abdominal area.

The next day, I got up and went to the bathroom by myself -- husband was home and was available, but I was walking on my own.  I used my 'walking stick' to help balance myself when I first stood up.

I went back to the doctor that day and had my dressings changed --- and saw my flat stomach for the first time -- it was very emotional.

I did not drive myself for about a week --- I was still using my pain meds to sleep for the whole first week, and wanted to be off them for 24 hours before I drove.  I didn't really have anywhere to go.

Overall, my recovery was good -- my tummy tuck was on a Thursday -- Friday was my first follow -up --- I took the next week off from work (so 7 work days total) -- I went back to the surgeon that next Monday and we cleared to return to work full time.

Kath

Most Active