Starting resarch - Any Tips or Advice Appreciated!

PSoftGirl
on 4/30/13 4:15 am - Alpharetta, GA

Trying to figure out the best way of researching Plastic Surgeons.  What should I ask and/or be looking for in a good PS?

I am still open to either a US surgeon or a "medical vacation" option.

Here is my list of procedures I would like to have:

• LBL (does that include thighs?)
  • Thigh Lift
  • Knee Lipo
  • Ankle Lipo
  • Abdominoplasty
  • Arm Lift
  • Breast Lift and/or Augmentation
  • Lower Eyelid

Thanks in Advance!!

HW 366 (2004) * HW Pre-OP 271 (VSG) * CW 157 * GW 145

VSG - Dr. Paul Macik (Atlanta, GA) - 7/09

Post MWL Plastics with Dr. Peter Fisher (San Antonio, TX) 12/13

Kim S.
on 4/30/13 4:36 am - Helena, AL

Do your homework and make sure you select someone that specializes in post WLS patients.  Our needs are very different.  Also, just because a PS does good body work doesn't mean they also do good face work.  You may want different doctors for different needs.

Get referrals, look at their work, review them on sites that specialize in "background check and research".  This is not a time to bargain hunt....if someone seems "cheap", their work might be worth what you pay.............

Best wishes!  This board is a great resource.

Crazeru
on 4/30/13 5:24 am

I had the LBL, BL, arms, sm groin TL, neck, face and both eyelids Jan 2011, and went back this Jan for my upper body lift, I also had lipo on different areas both times.  I went to Monterrey Mexico and Dr Sauceda.  His specialty is WLS patients. If you click on Dr Sauceda in my siggy line, it'll take you over to our group here on OH.  I have pics in the group photo section.  Need to be a friend and have my password, but I send the password when I accept the friend request.  We have a few ladies down in MTY now who are posting and a great update from Pat who's about 3 weeks out.  

If you want more info on Dr Sauceda and his package, let me know. 

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

lovabutterfly
on 4/30/13 5:41 pm
I too am using Dr. Sauceda for my surgery on the 20th of this month. I am having a LBL, BL/BA, lipo, and butt flap augmentation. Feel free to friend me, if it won't allow you since I think my profile is private message me and I will add you, I will be happy to share my experience with you when I go. The LBL will take care of the extra skin on the lower back, butt, and outer thighs. If the inner thighs need help this is a different procedure referred to as either a small or large thigh lift. When Dr. Sauceda does his LBL this includes lifting of the mons as well as tightening of the abdominal muscles, a lot of doctors make you pay extra for this. If your price is over $7,000 then he will reimburse your airfare up to $600 for your plane ticket. good luck in your search and get several quotes and go with whoever makes you feel the most comfortable. This is your body, do LOTS of research, there is a lot of information on Dr. Saucedas group here if you want to check it out, many patients that have been before as well as some of us that will be there real soon. Wish you the best on your search.

PSoftGirl
on 5/1/13 2:07 am - Alpharetta, GA

loveabutterfly -

Awesome! I am seriously looking @ Dr. Sauceda now.....let me try to friend you....

lovabutterfly
on 5/1/13 8:45 am
just accepted your request, dr. sauceda listens to what you want as far as scar palcement and he will tell you if what your looking for is realistic or even possible, i have seen the scar placed in different areas and while i do have a preference i will take into account his suggestion for giving me the best outcome when i get there. i will sharer my b4 and after pictures with you after i get back. i will email you my password once i get my albums in order how i want them to be and if i forget to email you then email me first lol as i have a memory of a patient with short term memory loss lol. you may want to join Dr. Saucedas group here though because i will be posting things there when i go to MTY for my surgery soon and also i will try to keep my blog updated for you as well. talk again soon, good luck in your search.

Laura in Texas
on 5/1/13 2:23 am

Look at scar placement and belly buttons. These two things seem to be the difference between a good surgeon and great, in my opinion.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

PSoftGirl
on 5/1/13 2:58 am - Alpharetta, GA

Laura - thanks for your thoughts!

Any example on the "scar" placement of "good" vs. "better"?  I did see one post where a good surgeon my not "fasten" your legs to your groin area!  LOL ....real "Frankenstein" stuff here at the nuts and bolts level.

All the belly button reconstruct pics i see look funny/fake to me!  Can i elect to have my own "original" transplanted to the new location?  I actually do have "feeling" in my original (sort of connected to groin area - won't go further with that explanation!).  Suffice to say i will sacrifice if needed, but would rather keep.  Just that and maybe a bit of sentimental value. :)

Crazeru
on 5/1/13 10:25 am

Dr Sauceda does try to move your BB if he can.  Mine moved just fine, some have ended up without one though.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

lovabutterfly
on 5/1/13 4:50 pm
should i be worried about not having a belly button after surgery, i am partial to having one lol.....i would feel horrible if i ended up without my BB

Most Active