Advice on breast augmentation, please

MyBariatricLife
on 5/19/13 12:25 pm

Hi,

I am pondering breast augmentation. I likely would need a lift, too. I would want saline implants and I am wondering with the many options from tear drop shape to round to textured to under the muscle and over the muscle, what you all have had done and if you are happy with the results.

i also am wondering what recovery was like and if you do the breast massages every day for the rest of your life. That sounds like a drag to me. 

Anything else that you can tell me about your experience will be much appreciated!

thanks a bunch!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

ChangingNow
on 5/20/13 4:00 am - OH

The best advice is to find a doctor you trust and understand the reasons for his/her recommendations.

I have round cohesive gel implants with a slightly textured surface.  Mine are over the muscle.  The type and placement is determined by the amount of breast tissue you have (if you don't have much, under the muscle is most likely).

I have needed a lift for many, many years.  My boobs were very saggy well before weight loss.  I was a 34D before surgery, with a good underwire bra doing most of the work.  I asked for my boobs to be no smaller.  The doc and I choose a 200 cc implant and I'm still in a 34D, but now they stand up by themselves. 

I am 6 months post op and very happy with my results.

VSG on 05/03/2011, SW 255, CW 140, 5'6" female
Body by Sauceda on 11/30/2012, LBL, BL/BA, long thighs, arms, neck

MyBariatricLife
on 5/21/13 12:04 pm

Thanks! I do have a surgeon that I trust. I am wondering more what it is like to have the implants. Can you feel them like something stuck inside you? I don't mean with your hands, but internally can you feel that something has been inserted inside you? Have you had any change in nipple sensation? When your significant other touches your breasts can you feel it like before the implants? Do you massage your breasts every day for the rest of your life? Thanks for any additional info!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

ChangingNow
on 5/23/13 5:31 am - OH

No, it doesn't feel like something is stuck inside me.  I can't feel them, other than with my hands.  Of course, I can feel the difference that the boobs are no longer resting on my abdomen without a bra.  I can feel them with my hands, if I push just a little.  No changes to any sensations.

I massaged after surgery, with more of a focus on the scar lines, but I don't any longer.

VSG on 05/03/2011, SW 255, CW 140, 5'6" female
Body by Sauceda on 11/30/2012, LBL, BL/BA, long thighs, arms, neck

MyBariatricLife
on 5/23/13 1:43 pm

Thanks very much for the additional info!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Supergirl7877
on 5/20/13 7:58 am
Fortunately there are tons of pictures on the net and even websites where you can put in your weight and height and then see different results with sizes, shape, and texture. I saved two files on my iPad, breasts I liked and breasts I would be devastated with.

I had a bl/ba 6 months ago. The lift was the lollipop cut and silicone implants under the muscle. I read lots and lots online to figure out what I wanted. I actually got them for my husband...as an avid runner I was terrified they would just get in the way and bounce all over. Ha. I am very pleased with them.

I was told that I wouldn't be able lift my arms over my head but I could the day after surgery. They do kinda look funky when I flex or do pull ups but all in all I suppose I would do it again. I did enjoy the 6 weeks of no vacuuming or lifting.
MyBariatricLife
on 5/21/13 12:05 pm

Can you tell me these web sites, please? Thanks a bunch!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Supergirl7877
on 5/21/13 12:27 pm
Gosh. I just google "breast implants 5' 3" 130" and that will pull up several sites. Of course use your weight and height. . Hope that helps.
MyBariatricLife
on 5/22/13 1:40 am

Wow! Thanks. The Mentor site is pretty helpful, too.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Supergirl7877
on 5/22/13 2:15 am

I think I may have also tried my weight, height and breast lift or massive weightloss in searching as well. I found a few saggy baggy before photos like mine.  

If we are similar I am 5'3" and 130.  I have before/after in my profile...but we gotta be friends. :)

Most Active