Swel

BetsyDP
on 5/28/13 1:54 pm - East Lansing, MI

I'm reading about 3 week swell hell, what is this?  After drains come out?  Had TT. 11 days ago so I'm trying to prepare.  One drain was removed 7 days after surgery and the 2nd one isn't producing much.  

emelar
on 5/28/13 11:16 pm - TX

I don't think it has anything to do with the drains being in or out.  Your body starts swelling right after surgery, but it hits its peak at around the three week mark. For me, it was only really bad for about a week. Then it starts easing off. I'm around five months out and still swell as the day goes on, but it's nothing like that third week!

Tess145
on 5/28/13 11:25 pm - Senatobia, MS

I am almost six weeks out and most of my swelling is at the end of the day.  I start out flat in the morning and look 5 months preggo at the end of the day.  Even my thighs swell from to much activity.  This is just a "rite of passage" in the plastics world.

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

MyBariatricLife
on 5/29/13 1:16 pm
I began swelling once my drains were removed. Weeks 3-4 were the worst it seems. I am now 6 weeks out. I have never been flat since they removed the drains, but I do swell more by the end of the day. Most times it is not too bad, but today is awful and I feel like I am back in swell hell again.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Kim S.
on 5/30/13 2:04 am - Helena, AL

I'm almost 7 months out from LBL and I STILL have random swelling, mostly after a big workout.

Most Active