Any thoughts on slender quest body wrap to reduce swelling, lose inches?

MyBariatricLife
on 6/6/13 3:32 am

There is a salon here in town that offers a slender quest body wrap http://www.spainthecityindy.com/scrubs.html It is supposed to remove inches from you in only one treatment and it lasts a month.

"Take OFF inches and FIRM UP skin in just 2 hours! Lose an average of 8 to 12 inches in overall measurement with your first wrap! Reduce cellulite and stretch marks!...As long as you maintain your weight (or lose some), we guarantee that the lost inches will not return for at least 30 days. With the detoxification of the tissue these inches will gradually return over the next 6 to 12 months, depending wholly on your diet. Avoiding salt, sugar, fried foods, alcohol, caffeine and other toxin-laden foods will substantially retard the detoxifying process."

I think I will try it but I am wondering if that clay and stuff can go on my incision. I am hoping it will speed resolving my swelling.

I just took my measurements and weight this morning. Here are my pre-op results and 7-weeks post op results:

Pre op
Bust 45
Waist 41, tummy 44, hips 44
Weight 198
Pants Size 14 tight, barely fit, was probably a 16
Size large in shirts and dresses, sometimes XL

7 weeks post op
Bust 45
Waist 35, tummy 42, hips 41,5
Weight 184
Pants Size 12 fit comfortably
Now in size medium shirts and dresses

6lbs of skin/fat removed during TT. Additional 8lbs lost so far. 10.5 inches lost so far!

I'm not gonna lie, I want to see those inches go down off my tummy (lower ab)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope it is just swelling. So, to that end, I wondered if this particular spa treatment would help. I have googled reviews and it seems to be legitimate when used as part of a diet and exercise program (which I already do).

Any thoughts?

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

P. Poster
on 6/6/13 1:22 pm

I did one of the itWorks wraps (similar idea, just uses a gel instead of clay).  Supposed to lose inches, cellulite, firm skin, etc etc etc.  Has rave reviews...   I went to a party with 8 girls, we all got wrapped.  The MOST anyone lost was half an inch.  *I* ended up admitted to the hospital in acute liver *almost* failure.  I was there for a week.  The ONLY thing I had done differently was the wrap.  Im not a big drinker (and hadnt had a drink in well over a month and none at all when it happened), no meds, no new vitamins (same stuff for 3 years), no diet changes, no history of liver issues OR family history- just the wrap.  All those "toxins" it flushes get processed right through your liver, along with whatever herbs and such are in the product.  In any case, Im apparently a "medical anomaly" for everything else, so YMMV, but I figured Id toss out a warning, in any case. 

MyBariatricLife
on 6/7/13 12:00 am

Holy cow! I am so glad that you shared your experience with me. What a horrible experience for you. I mean, losing 1/2" shows it was a waste of money... but to end up in the hospital for a week?!?!?! O.M.G

Thanks again!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

MyLady Heidi
on 6/7/13 6:06 am

If it sounds too good to be true it absolutely is, and as in the case of the other poster obviously it was dangerous.  I guess I don't understand why you don't understand your body just went through major surgery, cutting and removing parts etc, it takes time for it to heal.  You can do anything you want including standing on your head and your body is gonna heal at its own rate in its own way.  Just like you cannot prevent a dog ear you won't prevent swelling.  It sucks, I will grant you that, as someone who has lived with a very tightly tucked tummy for over 6 years the pain is still uncomfortable at times when I get even normally bloated.  But would I trade that for the saggy gross skin I had before.  Ummm no.  Please try to calm down, you seem very stressed out about this whole process, from day one it felt like you were hyper sensative to every single sensation.  Your body is going to hurt, to swell, to feel different and possibly numb forever.  Mine is numb, I will never again have feeling between my belly bully and my incision.  It's fine.  Take a breath and be calm. Enjoy your new body.

MyBariatricLife
on 6/7/13 9:15 am

Hey Heidi, thanks for your words of advice. You are right that I was stressed out indecision for the first few weeks. But I calmed down around week 5 (would be my guess). I surprised myself how very anxious I was after this surgery. Hyoer-sensitive as you point out. Its just that I was not expecting the level of pain and swelling and it worried me. I was anticipating something more like my c-section or gastric bypass. In hindsight It was kind of embarrassing, really, because thankfully nothing was wrongcheeky... but it is what it is. 

Nowadays I am eager to see the final results. A plastic surgeon told me that lymphatic massage would speed the results, so I thought maybe the spa wrap would do the same. If I can find a physical therapist who will do the massage then it will be covered by my insurance. Spas do them but I don't want to take that risk... and the insurance won't cover it, either.

But if I have to be patient and wait then I can do that enlightened too. It is like waiting for Christmas. And I really am enjoying my new body!!!

Thanks again

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Most Active