Never thought I'd hear that......and thigh question

Star Jones
on 6/27/13 1:53 am, edited 6/27/13 1:57 am - National Harbor, MD
I sent my pics off to Dr Sauceda and received my quote. 9K cheaper than my best consult here. The price is excellent the comments not so much lol. I might not have enough fat for my new booty. The former obese girl doesn't have enough fat *face palm*. I wish I could gain 10 pounds just to my lower back so he could suck it out. Anyone ever gain weight for a fat xfer?<br />
<br />
Also he said I'm in between a small thigh lift and a large one. I'm def not getting the large one. I can't live with the scar. I think any adjustment will be an improvement not looking for perfection. Anyone get the small one and been disappointed?

~Shani~
I've been pudgy, chubby, thick, and now fat........Imma give thin a go round!!!

SW-262, size 18W, 5'6"
CW-168 1/15/2010
GW-162
94 Lbs down...6 more to go...changed goal to see Onderland for a hot second!

(deactivated member)
on 6/27/13 7:29 am

I sent in some pictures today but to be honest the in Mexico thing scares me! My point is its nice to see someone else who is thinking about going to him.

If you don't mind me asking does the Mexico thing bother you? How did you get over it? I need a lot of work done so saving money is a huge help but it may sound stupid but I'm scared! Also I'm worried I'll wake up during the surgery because he uses twilight sedation not the real GA we use. Idk I guess I just wish I could hear magic words that would allow me to make up my mind about this! lol

sorry for my rant! Best of luck to you :)

Treetracer
on 7/5/13 2:21 pm

Hey Jennifer,

I had surgery with Dr. S back in February.  Going to Mexico didn't bother me because I had done my research and felt comfortable with the total care process.  The twilight anesthesia was a plus for me over general anesthesia; when I had GA for my VSG three years ago, it took me THREE DAYS for the brain fog to clear up.  With twilight I had NO brain fog and was 100% mentally with it right after surgery.

Now I did become aware at two points during my 7 hour surgery.  Once was *very* brief and most likely during the liposuction.  Lipo is physically rough on the body, it kind of felt like someone trying to shake me awake.  Then I was out again.  The next time I was aware long enough to think "huh, I should tell someone I'm awake."  I opened my eyes and saw the anesthesiologist's eyes right above mine...then I was out.  The anesthesiologist is watching you like a *hawk* throughout the entire surgery.  At NO POINT did I feel pain, distress or concern.

I remember waking up after surgery in the clinic room, noted that I was warm and comfortable, nothing hurt, so I went back to sleep for about 18 hours lol.  I just wanted to let you know that becoming aware is possible with twilight but I would take that any day over general anesthesia.

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 6/27/13 8:54 am

Dr S said the same about my bottom. I also had some revision issues he wasn't comfortable dealing with, so I went with another surgeon.

This other surgeon found plenty of blubb to lipo and put back in my butt, lol. I have yet to hear of a surgeon that is great in all areas, and I'm not sure bootays are Dr Ss thing, but many are happy with his work.

wls2011
on 6/27/13 9:00 am - Ballston Lake, NY
Lol, I didnt have much fat anywhere left either, just darn skin. I wanted Dr. S to lipo my lower back and hips, and he said why? It was mostly skin and would have been a waste of my money.

I just had him do my surgery. He is the nicest man and my care was top notch there. You will not feel pain if you wake up, it is not likely you will wake. I did not. You also have epidural for pain. He and his nurse Patty came every day once I transferred to hotel. You can learn about the experiences of all the people in his group on OH. It was not scary at all and a wonderful area filled with nice people. I was bored and lonely more than anything.

Yes, the cost was a big savings, and he is a kind and skilled accredited surgeon, but I am having complications now that are costing me cash payments. Local surgeons would have taken care of this at no charge as part of their surgery fees.It remains to be seen what net savings I will have had. Some surgeons here have refused me treatment due to overseas surgery, so you have to weigh all these things. Dr, S is keeping in touch with me via email, and I send him pics, but there is anxiety without him being close, this is true for those that travel to other states also, which is common.

I have a great PCP who is helping me and I did find a nice PS that will help me now. I am too far to travel back and forth to MX several times. And the traveling was very long and hard on my body post op. I went alone which was part of the difficulty, many will say it is better to go alone, but I say, no way would I do that again. I think those closer in distance are better off than those with long flights and layovers.

I did not have thigh lift, but have researched a lot and most are unhappy with small lift.

Good luck with what u decide!

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

MyBariatricLife
on 6/27/13 11:26 am

I ran into the anxiety problem because my surgeon was out of state -- we were in the same state when I had my surgery but I moved one week post op. I went for a few expensive tests, to the ER, and had a consult with a plastic surgeon out here for seroma. The nice surgeon did not charge me for the consult and said he would be happy to help me if I had a seroma - which I thankfully did not.

I went to another surgeon locally for my 6-week follow-up. He did not charge me either.  But I did not have a good experience. That's another story, but my point I want to make is I recommend when interviewing your potential plastic surgeon if you are going out of state/country that you see to it that they will refer you to someone locally for follow-up. Then make sure that PS will take care of you and understand what the fees will be. I asked my surgeon to refer me to someone locally and he said he did not know anyone here. 

Fortunately my insurance covered the cost of the tests and ER. I believe they also would have covered the care for the seroma if it was needed. They even cover lymphatic massage if a physical therapist does it. I guess it is a really good policy. My point is, take a good look at your insurance policy beforehand to see what will and will not be covered, as part of your decision-making.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Angela B.
on 6/27/13 9:45 am - Austin, IN
I've got plenty of fat left on my back and a flat butt lol so my next procedure will be a Brazilian butt lift (fat transfer).I plan to send Dr S my photos after my swelling goes down from my tummy tuck. I am a little scared about going to Mexico but because of the price difference I might go. yes there are a lot of things to consider. so far I have not found a plastic surgeon in my area that does this procedure so I'm going to have to travel anyway.

wls2011
on 6/28/13 1:56 am - Ballston Lake, NY

Yeah, if I had to travel anyway like you, then it is the same thing with after care. That is the snag I have run into, but I have no health insurance, and I am being charged for each visit to the doctor, and God forbid the ER costs I could incur. However, so far, so good, and my extra costs have been minimal. 

Dr. S does follow up with email and advice all along. If you have questions or concerns, you can PM me. I felt safe and in very good hands the entire time in MX.

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

Most Active