Scar reduction cream/oil to use?

BetsyDP
on 7/10/13 4:00 pm - East Lansing, MI

At week 6 and can use creas but don't know what to use to get rid of the dark scar from my TT.  My PS recommended bio cream, but I can't find it online.  Any suggestions?

Southernsleever
on 7/10/13 5:27 pm

I believe the only scar therapy that has actually been scientifically proven to give results is the silicone sheet therpay. But I've heard good things about Kelo-cote. 

5'6" Start-276 Goal-150  Weight loss   Preop=5  Month 1=25  Month 2=10  Month 3=14  Month 4=3 Month 5=7  Month 6=9 Month 7=7 Month 8=Month 9=9 Month 10=7 Month 11=5 Month 12=5 Month 13=3 Month 14=4    

Angela B.
on 7/11/13 2:53 am - Austin, IN
Neocutis.com is the website for bio cream. I'm using bio cream so I will give my review of it later on.

jeterway
on 7/11/13 3:02 am
I've used kelo-cote with good results. It is also a silicone based product. My larger scars are much lighter now and my smaller ones are gone.

ChaChaCha
on 7/17/13 8:40 am - Cleveland, OH

I used Mederma for a while and then tried the silicone sheets (they were a pain).  Honestly, my surgeon said the more important thing wasn't the topical agent you apply...it's more about daily massage of the scar with your fingertips.  So I stopped using everything and followed his advice and my LBL scar is barely detectable.  BUT, I have to add that I eat a VERY CLEAN, Paleo diet and take supplements.  So I am sure that my diet and excellent health contributed greatly to my healing, too.

"We live in a society where it's more socially acceptable to be a junkie than it is to be overweight."     --CC Deville, guitarist for Poison    
BetsyDP
on 7/17/13 11:02 am - East Lansing, MI

Thank you everyone.  My ps also said to massage the scar, it just feels so weird.

Most Active