PS recommendations in Mid-Atlantic region?

zix
on 7/11/13 3:20 am - PA
DS on 02/13/12

I'm in PA and am looking for PS recommendations within a reasonable driving distance. Ideally, I am looking for someone who would combine my ventral hernia repair with a tummy tuck. I also would really like to have a fleur de lis  or anchor TT procedure, as I already have a vertical scar from my open DS. I have a PPO plan with Blue Cross so it would need to be someone who accepts BC. I'm not sure if my insurance will cover the TT part but I know they will at least cover the hernia repair. I appreciate all suggestions!

jeterway
on 7/11/13 6:18 am

I would recommend Dr. Stephen Kovach at HUP.  I have used him for a hernia repair and a thigh lift.  He does wonderful work.  I would imagine that they would take BC - I had Aetna.  I am very happy with the results of my procedures.  He is very easy to talk to and spends whatever time is needed to make sure that both of you understand what is going to happen.  He is honest on what to expect in terms of recovery and results.  If he doesn't think you will get a good outcome, he will tell you that.  He is not just looking to take your money. 

JoAnn

zix
on 7/13/13 1:25 am - PA
DS on 02/13/12

Thanks JoAnn!

MyBariatricLife
on 7/11/13 1:35 pm

Meet with Dr. Capella in Ramsey NJ. He specializes in massive weight loss patients and has extensive photos on his website. He is a brilliant surgeon and compassionate doctor and has excellent aftercare. He held my hand every step of the way from pre op to 3-mos post op. his prices are good. He did my tummy tuck and I wrote about it here http://www.healthcentral.com/obesity/c/276918/160586/bariatric-abdominoplasty-ch?ap=831 I am meeting with him next week to discuss more body work.

i researched him extensively and all of his patients sing his praises. I could not find one negative comment at all. I also know a few of his patients and they are thrilled with him. 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

zix
on 7/13/13 1:22 am - PA
DS on 02/13/12
On July 11, 2013 at 8:35 PM Pacific Time, MyBariatricLife wrote:

Meet with Dr. Capella in Ramsey NJ. He specializes in massive weight loss patients and has extensive photos on his website. He is a brilliant surgeon and compassionate doctor and has excellent aftercare. He held my hand every step of the way from pre op to 3-mos post op. his prices are good. He did my tummy tuck and I wrote about it here http://www.healthcentral.com/obesity/c/276918/160586/bariatric-abdominoplasty-ch?ap=831 I am meeting with him next week to discuss more body work.

i researched him extensively and all of his patients sing his praises. I could not find one negative comment at all. I also know a few of his patients and they are thrilled with him. 

I know of Capella and I have local friends who've used him but unfortunately it does not look like he takes BC. :(

exohexoh
on 7/11/13 2:32 pm - West Chester, PA
I used dr. Bottger out of bryn mawr hospital (his office is newtown square I believe) and absolutely love him. He's very calming, reassuring, and shows a genuine interest.

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

zix
on 7/13/13 1:24 am - PA
DS on 02/13/12
On July 11, 2013 at 9:32 PM Pacific Time, exohexoh wrote:
I used dr. Bottger out of bryn mawr hospital (his office is newtown square I believe) and absolutely love him. He's very calming, reassuring, and shows a genuine interest.

Thanks, ill add him to my list for consultations. 

lynnc99
on 7/18/13 9:54 am
I would suggest Dr. Stratus at Stratus/Gaynor in Harrisburg. Excellent practice!
Most Active