Surgery is done

Megan M.
on 8/3/13 11:59 pm - Canada

Had abdominoplasty, muscle plication, hernia repair and mons reduction on Friday afternoon.  Out of hospital on Saturday.  What a useless bunch of nurses I tell you, so not impressed.  Totally missed on the little things such as a helping hand to get out of bed.  Roll over and lift your hips so I can slide the bedpan under you.  Are you kidding me?  Two hours out of recovery you want me to do that?  No common sense.  Anyway, had some really bad episodes yesterday of burning in my incision lines from the mons reduction - scared hubby to death - but it is so much better today.  Spending my time propped up in a chair, am actually quite comfy.  Getting up to walk around at least every hour.  Will see dr. On Tuesday for dressing change, then hopefully can shower.  Managed a hair wash today, which does wonders for morale!

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

MyBariatricLife
on 8/4/13 12:20 am

Congrats!!! I had my TT and mons nearly 4-mos ago. I had a catheter in during my overnight stay at the rehab facility. Who the heck wants to pee in a bed pan?!?!

It sounds like you're managing your pain well. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Shist1971
on 8/4/13 11:30 am, edited 8/5/13 12:25 pm

Hi, I am also planning on undergoing seattle liposuctoin but I am not that confident enough, I maybe need more time thinking when will I going to undergo a surgery.

I hope all is well now.

Cinn
on 8/6/13 3:33 am - MI

Shist: Take all the time in the world.

It took me two years to be ready for bypass, then five for plastics. Learn all you can and you will know if and when you are ready. Don't ru**** Having your head in the game makes the procedures so much easier to deal with.

In the meantime, trust your gut, your head and your heart, and educate yourself as much as possible.

RNY: 9/3/2008     LBL: 6/5/2013

Cinn
on 8/6/13 3:31 am - MI

Congrats Megan!

I'm so sorry the nurses are useless. I had a bad hospital experience after my bypass--they brought me FOOD the day after surgery! And the orderly and nurse told me to scootch onto the bed from my surgery table. I asked "Are you @#$%^ kidding me?" They just stared at me. And I waited two hours w/ a beeping IV pump for pain meds from 12 AM to 2 AM.

But the hospital I used for my LBL was amazing. Everyone was excellent. I also had a catheter for the first night. Geez!

Stay ahead of your pain meds. Take them on time. No need to be in pain. If you need more, ask.

I'm 8 weeks out from the same procedure you had and I'm back at work. Came back at 7 weeks. It's night and day from where you are to here. Just hang in there and be strong! I had a complication and had to have a 2nd surgery for a seroma. And I'm still back at work. You'll do just fine!

It's a pain, drains and drugs and pain. But it'll be worth it! Thank goodness you have a hubby to help.

Keep us posted on your progress!

RNY: 9/3/2008     LBL: 6/5/2013

Member Services
on 8/7/13 4:34 am - Irvine, CA

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Most Active