Three weeks out from a Belt lipectomy with "butt lift"! need some advice

Olivia L.
on 8/11/13 2:10 pm

Hello!

Quick stats about me: I am 22 years old and I had RNY in June of 2010, HW:435, CW: 220 GW:200, Height; 5'11.

On july 24 I had 16 lbs of skin removed from my abdomen and hips and had my own fat put into my butt to give me some shape. The two days i spent in the hospital I absolutely regretted having the surgery and felt like death the entire time. Now, obviously I am almost back to normal and i am happy i had the surgery, I credit my youth for my quick recovery. However I have had one complication which is more annoying than it is painful: as my incision is 360 degrees around my body and meets in the back where my butt crack is, that is a high tension area and a small hole ended up opening and fluid is just pouring out of it whenever I sit or lye on my back. I started with 4 drains and they had to add one in that hole to help suck the fluid out. Just imagine a jackson pratt drain coming right out the top of your buttcrack and having to try to conduct normal life like that. I was optimistic that I wouldnt have any complications and this really is not the worst that could happen and i know with time it will close and heal, but I have been so depressed and the only time i feel good really is when i take the prescribed oxycodone, which I can feel myself building a tolerance to and now i can see how people become addicted. I'm also thinking of my next surgery for my upper body, breast and arms, which i am scheduling for December of this year,

I guess my question is to anyone who has had their plastics is how are you coping with chronic pain and thinking about any future surgeries. I will say it is difficult to find people who are my age going through this because i also think about the future and if i ever want to have kids i would never want to put my body through anymore plastics....too much to handle!!!

any advice would be appreciated, I will be posting after pics on my page very soon. I didnt take before pics regretfully on my own but my surgeon has some and i will try to get those from her asap.

Thank you!

--olivia

xoxo Olivia   
HW: 428 August 2009
CW: 220 June2012
GW:175 September 2012?!

Olivia L.
on 8/11/13 2:32 pm

UPDATE: a few pics posted on my page! more to come!!

xoxo Olivia   

emelar
on 8/11/13 10:32 pm - TX

It's like childbirth. You forget the pain and enjoy the results!

I had the same issue with the butt crack, although I didn't have a drain back there. Try using a sanitary napkin. Anchor it to whatever undies you're wearing so that it covers the hole. That'll cushion it as we'll as catch drainage. 

Angela B.
on 8/12/13 1:13 am - Austin, IN
Wow you look great! Who is your plastic surgeon? Will this surgeon also be doing your upper body lift?

Olivia L.
on 8/15/13 11:00 am

thanks so much. my surgeon is Dr. Joanne Lenert at the GWU hospital in DC. i think i will stay with her for the upper body because i just feel more comfortable doing so as they have my complete medical history. 

xoxo Olivia   

Ladysweetthang
on 8/15/13 3:30 pm - NJ
I also had a few issues with the butt crack and opening. I had a full body lift on January 15 and just recently I'm starting to feel "normal" I did however need a retightening of my sides because of a lil meat left over on the 13th of August. But it does get better with time. I take pain pills if I need to but it's still early for you and around a month after I still occasionally needed my pills.

Watch Hot Momma Drop it Like it's Hot..

MyBariatricLife
on 8/17/13 1:15 pm

My surgeon does not put the Indian into the butt crack for this reason (Dr. Capella).

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

MyBariatricLife
on 8/17/13 1:20 pm

*incision

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Most Active