Just Wondering if This is Normal

Megan M.
on 8/18/13 6:17 pm - Canada

I am in my third week post-abdominoplasty with mons reduction, muscle tightening and umbilical hernia repair.  I wondered if I actually had tightening done as I had no pain from this at all . . . Until three days ago!   I feel that vertical line of work down my abdomen - just surprised it took so long to feel it.

Also, I have sharp pain in my upper left thigh, about two inches down from the incision, which occurs mostly when I am getting out of bed.  Is this possibly something nerve-related to the incision above?  There is nothing external to explain the stabbing when I move my leg to get out of bed.

In general I am feeling really good, get tired, but am surprised by the range of aches and pains I am having.  Still very swollen.  I suppose my experiences are normal, but having never done this before, I am just wondering.  Thanks for listening.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

godzilla
on 8/18/13 11:56 pm - Israel
I think what you are feeling is normal.
From what I remember an anesthetic is also injected into our abdomen which would explain your not feeling pain.
I have a numbness of the left thigh where it connects to my groin and I only had a tummy tuck of the lower belly (apron) as per what my HMO would pay.
Mikimi in Israel
emelar
on 8/19/13 1:04 am - TX

Sounds like your abdomen is coming back to life.  Give thanks for being pain free for a few weeks! 

The thigh pain sounds pretty normal too.  Nerves are regenerating and reconnecting.  You'll get all sorts of weird twinges and zingers while everything heals.

Megan M.
on 8/19/13 1:55 am - Canada

I've read many comments about week 3 being a more difficult week, and I believe it!  Good to know I am relatively normal!  I had such a good day yesterday, and today is three steps back.  Thanks for the support.  It's comforting to rely on others who have  gone before me.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Mary A.
on 8/19/13 5:31 am
On August 19, 2013 at 8:55 AM Pacific Time, Megan M. wrote:

I've read many comments about week 3 being a more difficult week, and I believe it!  Good to know I am relatively normal!  I had such a good day yesterday, and today is three steps back.  Thanks for the support.  It's comforting to rely on others who have  gone before me.

"relatively normal"....I am chuckling...LOL you;re so cute~!!!

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Brooke F.
on 8/19/13 2:50 am - CA

I had that leg nerve pain too! It was the pits!!! But it went away eventually (around week 5 or so) 

Hang in there!

Megan M.
on 8/19/13 4:24 am - Canada

Thank gawd for that. It's like I am being stabbed with a needle from the inside out.

Most Active