Strange Pain

Megan M.
on 9/5/13 12:58 pm - Canada

I  am 5 weeks post -tt tomorrow.  The last few days I have developed a strange irritation on both sides of my abdomen, in hipbone area and about 2 inches above incision and slightly lower than belly button level.  It is irritated to touch, very sensitive, but there is nothing on my skin.  If I happen to bend and squish either side, it really hurts sharply.  The pain isn't deep, it's more surface.  I don't see dr for another 3 weeks.  Any suggestions?  I had something similar happen atop of left thigh below incision, but that seems to have rectified.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

godzilla
on 9/5/13 2:09 pm - Israel
To me sounds like nerves waking up but I'm not a doc or nurse but only a plastics person like you (TT on 8.08.12 ; BL/BR 30.07.12).
Mikimi in Israel
jeterway
on 9/5/13 9:52 pm

Are you wearing a compression garment?  I had developed a skin irritation on either side of my belly button from the garment rubbing up against it.  It got so bad that the skin actually broke and a sore developed.  I even tried putting 4x4 pads between the garment and my skin and that didn't help.  The only thing that helped me was cutting a tshirt and sliding the fabric between the skin and garment.  It was really annoying because this was really the only pain that I had from my procedure.  Any subsequent procedure requiring the same garment produced the same result so I have had several opportunities to come up with a solution that worked for me. 

Megan M.
on 9/6/13 1:34 am - Canada

I've only been wearing my binder at night mostly, so I don't think that's causing it.  I guess it's just mysterious pains associated with healing - when I pay attention to it, I think the pain might be radiating right into the incision.  And so far today I haven't been bothered by it.  Seems to come and go.  I too wore a cut off t-shirt under my binder, it worked wonders.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Mell
on 9/6/13 5:22 am

If found that some of the sutures hurt, some poked out and I trimmed them but I swear I felt some inside and like you when I touched it it hurt! Surgeon said it is possible.

Mell
Start weight: 320
At surgery:  300
Current:      185
Goal:           175

MyBariatricLife
on 9/6/13 8:02 am

I believe that is spitting stitches and they can be removed.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Most Active