3 Months Post LBL Check Up

Cinn
on 9/13/13 1:44 am - MI

Went for my check up. My belly is still swollen. It's round and squishy like there's a water balloon in it. The doctors shook his head and said it really feels like a fluid sac. So once again he stuck a needle in me to try to draw out fluid. Nothing.

So he said it's just my skin. That my skin just lost all elasticity and this rounded belly is what I'm going to have.

Gave me a hug, a kiss on the cheek and wished me a good life.

I'm still hoping that some of you are right, that the swelling might still go down.

If not, I am still grateful for my choice. It's much better than it was. In all honesty, I'm 45 and had two kids. If I were "normal" I'd have a belly anyway, right?

RNY: 9/3/2008     LBL: 6/5/2013

msromagnola
on 9/13/13 1:53 pm

I didn't have your same surgery - just had the panni removed.  However, I still have a rounded belly and some days I think that I should have gone for the abdominoplasty- but then some days, I say the same as you - most women out there my age who've had 3 children have a rounded tummy!  It's such an improvement for me.    I don't want to get my mind scrambled with my plastic surgery .

MSROMAGNOLA
MyBariatricLife
on 9/13/13 8:15 pm

Cinn, I am 49yo and my belly is flat as a board after my tummy tuck. Look at my before and after photos from my 3-mos post op.  I would get a second opinion if it was me. I am so fed up with surgeons who do mediocre work and then tell their patients this is as good as it gets. I am not saying that is what your surgeon is doing, but it makes me suspicious. 

Also, you can get an ultrasound to see if that is a seroma or normal swelling. 

Good luck with getting this resolved.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

RobynJC
on 9/16/13 12:22 am

MBL,  Would you mind sharing the code for your pics? I'd love to see your results

MyBariatricLife
on 9/16/13 2:10 am

Sure thing! Thank you! It is "capella"

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Laura in Texas
on 9/16/13 12:51 am

I'm with you on this. I'm 47 years old and used to be 200 pounds heavier. My stomach is also flat as a board.

The surgeon makes all the difference.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Southernsleever
on 9/17/13 12:20 pm

I'm 3 months post op and my belly is still swollen. I know it's swollen by the way its water feeling. I'm sure it will go away for myself. 

5'6" Start-276 Goal-150  Weight loss   Preop=5  Month 1=25  Month 2=10  Month 3=14  Month 4=3 Month 5=7  Month 6=9 Month 7=7 Month 8=Month 9=9 Month 10=7 Month 11=5 Month 12=5 Month 13=3 Month 14=4    

Cinn
on 9/26/13 5:31 am - MI

I also started out at 327 lbs. That might make a difference? I also already had a seroma removed. He's stuck the needle in me several times. No fluid. Maybe some of us take a while to unswell?

I don't have the money to see another surgeon. I'm still paying off this one. :(

RNY: 9/3/2008     LBL: 6/5/2013

Most Active