8-week follow up for abdominopl

Megan M.
on 9/29/13 12:13 pm - Canada

Just returned from Toronto  and an 8 week follow up.  I am doing well, doc is very pleased.  Looks like my little bit of infection is indeed from stitches - he said my body is digesting them and that it takes about 6 months before they are gone, and that sometimes the body tries it spit one out and the little bits of infection can occur.  He is not concerned.  I still have swelling, but again, that could happen for up to a year.  

His thoughts and comments helped to put my own in perspective and I can truly say that I am so happy I had this done.  I never expected to come out looking like a model.  I am short, 175 lbs, so still have a lot of fat on my body - I think he did a remarkable job and has made me look and feel so much better about myself, I am feeling less critical, a little more accepting of my shape.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Tess145
on 9/29/13 10:53 pm - Senatobia, MS

Congratulations!  We should all feel wonderful about our outcomes.  We just need to remember where we came from.  Good to know about the stitches still being able to come out six months later.  I have a tiny knot on my side at 5 months and I think it may be a stitch trying to dissolve.

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

Most Active