After scar revision-but really dog-ear and bra blubber

godzilla
on 10/22/13 2:20 am - Israel
I arrived within time at 9:45 but they tell everyone to come the same time.
I paid in cash (no payments allowed) as my HMO refused to cover the expense and as this was out of pocket 3,847SH=~$1000! And I get Disability from the government and worked many night shifts and a half (from 11pm until 1pm the next day) to pay for this procedure.
And this was for only one side and in the hospital.
Then there was a dispute between surgeons who would do it and if or could be done as a day surgery with local anesthetic or if I needed general.
By the time it was agreed to do a local it was "lateL and Day Surgery is from 7:30-3:00 and it was 2:30 and then the head nurse who is very loud-spoken (and sounds like every word is a rebuke!) realizes I came alone and emphatically states that if I have no one waiting for me they cannot do the procedure and that I can be admitted to the ward. I have no many yo be hospitalized.
The ps chosen to do my procedure started talking to he in English while this head nurse continues to rant in Hebrew at me. This ps tells me and her that he will take responsibility and "hold me in his pocket".
Procedure done with him slowly carefully injuring several vials of anesthetic and making sure that the entire area is anesthetized on between my yelps of ouch-but he was okay with me and we were shmoozing; and then a female preg ps joined in for the stitching and bandaging and after I wa taken to the ward. I was only allowed to leave after my friend (married son of a friend) came to get me and came into the ward.
REST for three days and no lifting; antibiotics (I spoke with my GP and already started antibiotics last night as I will have surgical tooth extraction next week that I need to take antibiotics four days prior and two days after so we decided better to start earlier than have a problem after. I have had in the past wound healing issues and although I am not diabetic at all and have a low HbA1C (3.7) and zinc is high, there is always a larger sense of caution for my medical treatment plan.
I have to return next week to the hospital clinic for follow-up but doubt my HMO will cover the cost.
So I am back in my sports bra for a few weeks, no shower permitted for 24 hours and then a cream twice a day and no idea when the other side will be done.
Considering that my TT and its complications and my BL/BR were all covered by my HMO I guess I really should not complain too much.
Today are Israel municipal city elections where every city has about twenty paties or candidates that one can go crazy with dirty politics, leaflets littering the streets, musical jingles promoting each candidate and then cars honking up and down streets like a carnival came to town. Such is life in Israel...
I took oxycontin at 6:30 my time. Trying to take it easy and rest.
Mikimi in Israel
MyLady Heidi
on 10/22/13 3:52 am

Wow that sounds like a horrible system for having surgery, I guess we really should appreciate how easy they make it here in America.  I hope it heals well and you can get the other side done and both heal without issue.

Good Luck

Tess145
on 10/22/13 6:17 am - Senatobia, MS

Good Luck Mikimi with your healing this time.  May you have a swift and uneventful recovery.

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

(deactivated member)
on 10/22/13 7:22 am

I'm impressed Mikimi how well you coped !  You ROCK !   Best wishes for quick healing and .. on to the other side   .  Sorry it seems so gosh darn HARD .  (((())))))

Most Active