removing permanent suture in stomach to one that will...

TammyH968
on 10/21/13 2:51 pm, edited 10/21/13 2:59 pm - Wichita Falls, TX

Hello my name is Tammy.  and I had my RNY 13 May 2011 lost 96 pounds and still losing ( albeit slow) and I had a Fleur De Lis (tummy tuck) done 5 Feb 2013. And this is what is going on with me.  I have developed an internal suture that is rejecting my body and is causing a lot of pain.  Have check everything else it could be and this is what it is.  Doctor says he can fix it by taking out the permanent suture taking out any surrounding scar tissue that may be there and put  in a suture that will dissolve over time. The only thing wrong with doing it this way is it may separate the stomach wall creating some sagging.  So my stomach would not be as tight as it is right now. I would not have the same results I have now with my tummy tuck;  Being a tight tummy I think I could live with a little sagging tummy if it means no more pain all the time.  It feels like a sharp knife in the belly right next to my belly button.  I have had this pain for a month now and he wants me to see if I can make it another month.  I don't want to go through any more pain.  He told me to go home and pray and think about it and get back to him Wednesday afternoon with my decision to do the surgery or not.  From what I understand this is very rarely happens.  My question is have any of you had anything remotely close to what I am describing?  I am so up in arms in what to do.  I hope someone has been through this and can help educate me in this subject.  Any advice will be greatly appreciated.  Please help me!

Thank you so much,

Tammy

Tess145
on 10/21/13 11:32 pm - Senatobia, MS

Tammy I have a suture knot on my left hip that causes me pain from time to time but not constantly.  I keep massaging it in hopes that it will eventually cooperate and relax.  I do believe though, if it was a daily, piercing pain then I would have it removed even if my TT was not quite as tight as before.  We can all live with a little pain occasionally, but we do not have to live with it daily if we can help it.

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

TammyH968
on 10/22/13 12:36 am - Wichita Falls, TX

Thank you Tess for you response.  Not sure what I will do just yet.  I have more questions now for the doctor and maybe he will be able to answer those and that will help me make up my mind.  I don't want to hurt but I don't want more problems down the road if I do have surgery to fix it. I need to weigh all the areas before I can make up my mind.  I wish there was a way to research this the way we did for my RNY.  It would make it a whole lot easier.

Tammy

Most Active