On my way home from Day Surgery-ANY TIPS

godzilla
on 10/23/13 1:15 am - Israel
I stayed overnight by my friend's married son who lives near the hospital but now I am on my way home on two buses.
OUCH-I can't tell if the ouch is from stitches or tape on the bandages but before I got on the 2nd bus I took a oxy to dull any pain before it gets unbearable -that was at 4pm and the first pain killer since lady night. I most likely will take another before bed.
I'm hoping, that as I live alone, to find a friend willing and able to come over to be near me when I take a shower but I will take the bandage off in the nurses of my HMO tomorrow morning.
My incision is under L boobie along bra line red moving the blubber and quite long around-rather long and I scar ugly but I view every scar as a "battle" won. After this side heals then we can consider when to do R to avoid any wound healing issued I have had in the past.
Any tips for survival when I am supposed to be resting and not pulling or stressing this srnsitive area of my body?
I plan on sleeping in my recliner as I normally sleep on my left side.
Mikimi in Israel
MyBariatricLife
on 10/23/13 2:11 am

I have not really had any issues pulling or stressing my arms and flanks. I think it was made out to be worse in my mind than what I truly experienced. I hope you find the same. Good luck on recovery!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

godzilla
on 10/23/13 3:13 am - Israel
I was told to rest and not move around too much or lift pull stretch for three days as it might cause bleeding.
BTW flank is side of body from rib to hip which is not what I was officially complaining about on my body. Flank issue is my body shape but I was bothered by what I call bra blubber and now only Keft side dog-ear and bra blubber removed leaving me with a longer scar...but we trade our saggy hanging bothersome blubbery parts for scars and I ready know I scar ugly.
Only after my follow-up clinic visit 3 Nov will I be able to discuss if/when Right side and possible cost.
Now I just need to rest/take it easy and slowly heal.
Mikimi
MyBariatricLife
on 10/23/13 3:32 am

The area that you had surgery on is what my surgeon calls the flanks. I forget what the actual clinical name is for it.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Tess145
on 10/23/13 11:07 pm - Senatobia, MS

Get plenty of rest and don't stress your body.  Eat lots of proteins to promote better healing.  I hope all goes well for you this time around.

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

Supergirl7877
on 10/24/13 12:33 am
Hope you're home and feeling better!!!
suzie12345
on 10/24/13 9:56 am

Mikimi, Be sure to rest, eat lots of protein, take multivitamins,  take your pain meds and put yourself in the recliner and rest. some more..remember,for  you will get better, very soon.  (It just feels forever to heal right now). Best wishes and prayers for a speedy, uneventful, recovery! Suzie

Most Active