Having a local anesthetic Fay surgery does not mean you are less tired

godzilla
on 10/24/13 4:26 am - Israel
My release papers said:
Don't overstress the body or strain stretch etc and Rest and three days "sick" from work...
Not to do much with my left side of the body. The incision was dog-ear with a scar revision w-plasty which I had to look up.
The incision is the under corner of my left breast where the dog-ear was and along the bra line to the back.
I went up to the HMO clinic for an apptmt at 11am with the nurse to remove the "maxi pad" bandage as I was nervous that I might pull the stitches underneath. The nurse removed the bandages and sees all these steri strips and removed two before realizing that it might not be the correct thing to do. She then called my GP to see it. So I am to leave the steri strips alone until they fall off on their own in the shower dnd after they fall off I can put the antibiotic cream on.
And then an apptmt for 12pm with my GP was concerned at what I was carrying even though I'm carrying on my right side.
I then went to the pharmacy to buy the cream and then to an arranged lunchtime visit and a short meetup with a friend giving me two containers of frozen homemade soup.
I walked to the bus after 3 and dozed off on the bus ride to the extent the bus driver was afraid I missed my stop.
I got home and realized I needed to sleep.
My recliner is my bed as I am normally a left-side sleeper and sleeping in the recliner reminds me not to turn to sleep on my side.
I took a 10mg OxyContin and a Valium and slept until 6:30 and dozed off again for another hour. I must have really needed this sleep.
I have scripts for OxyContin and Valium due to ankle fusion and now this surgery as well as Valium to help me relax to fall asleep.
I see my GP about every ten days and report back to her on my medical intake and frequency. And this surgery was only Tuesday afternoon so I think I have until Friday afternoon before being concerned if I have OxyContin three times in a 24 hour period - only I can know my pain level threshold. I do believe my body movement on my left side will be slightly easier with the bandage and the tape the covered it.
Here is to a continued healing without complications.
Mikimi in Israel
Tess145
on 10/24/13 10:51 pm - Senatobia, MS

Rest is the best medicine that you can give your body right now.  Take it easy and baby yourself.  I hope you continue to heal well.

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

godzilla
on 10/24/13 11:02 pm - Israel
I just called the plastics ward to ask about the steri strips and the antibiotic cream.
The nurse told me to put the cream on top of the steri strips. I'm glad I called as the HMO berserk and GP told me to wait until they fall off before putting the cream on!
Mikimi
Crazeru
on 10/29/13 5:21 am

I hope this fixes the pain that you had from the dog ear.  Rest and take care of yourself.  Your body is telling you it needs more sleep.  Take care Mikiki.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

godzilla
on 10/29/13 6:10 am - Israel
Well after going to ER on Saturday night in my city where there is no ps and only a surgeon who wrote that I had cosmetic surgery and inflammatory breast disease and lateral infection--- I left on Sunday (regular day in Israel) to the hospital three hours away where my procedure was done to see the ps. I was terrified I would be yelled at as yet again I had a problem but Thank GD I was not yelled at all.
The breast was pink and warm and set back in my healing so the ps removed all the steri strips and put on a cream and thin bandage and told me to do this twice a day.
So now I know that I should not go near the HMO nurses after I have any ps procedure in order to protect my body!
In the meantime as my incision is 20cm/8" long along the bottom bra line, k have two friends who help me at night with removing the bandage and then after my shower; iPhone camera pic and then to put the cream on and bandage. In the mornings I have rotation of friends based in work schedules and who can handle medical viewing.
And I am resting and sometimes I just nod off and sleep.
Mikimi
Crazeru
on 10/29/13 11:14 am

Hopefully, your recovery will be easy.  You are learning who you can trust for your care.  It sounds like you have the help that you need to keep things clean and covered.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

godzilla
on 10/29/13 2:13 pm - Israel
Chris- I certainly hope so!
I take Valium with a script from my GP as an side to relax before sleep-but took it before this procedure in the morning and then a few hours later as we were not told what time slot any of our day surgeries would happen and I am so glad I did take at 9am and again at 12:30pm as I was the last one brought in after 2:30pm.
There was a real b*tch of a Head Nurse there and I almost didn't get my procedure done as I was not told that some had to be waiting for me although I had arranged for my friend's married son to collect me from that hospital whenever I would be done but you can't tell someone info you don't have! The ps who agreed (in all my previous procedures I have had wound healing issues) announce in Hebrew and in English "I take full responsibility-she is in my back pocket!"
I had been so nervous about local anesthetic and my fear of needles but once we were in the OR, although the needles did hurt, this ps and the other who joined him and an OR nurse - even with my yelps of "ouch!" and "ouchiy", it went rather smoothly and we were quite schmoozy throughout the time in the OR from 2:40pm-3:30pm. The Head Nurse was fit to be tied as officially the Day Surgery is from 7:30am -3:00pm.
I still have ouchy areas but I'm sure some of that is normal.
I take a pain killer at night before bed (narcotic oxy). In Israel they love to give optalgin buy I've head it been banned in several countries so I refuse to touch it. Also if I am in pain (in August 2006,I had Ankle Fusion -cutting bones and putting screws) I learned about real pains. So when I am in pain which happens if I walk a lot (I don't go to the gym or workout) I sometimes need a pain killer so I try to have a scripted oxy or tramadol always available in the home. I try to not to take on a regular basis as I know they are controlled substances and are addictive.
But on Sunday when I travelled to the clinic (hours are 11am-2pm) on a three hour bus ride to the big city where my plastics was done and then another transport (which I begged passengers on the bus for money to take a taxi as we had gotten stuck in highway traffic on both directions on the highway) was a ride from hell!--was an excruciating experience of incision pain with the soft front-closing sport bra "cutting" in to the inflamed incision and I usually take oxy only in the evening. I put in a call to my HMO to ask my GP (that was at 10am) if I could take an oxy. Two hours later I still had not heard back from my GP and I was in hysterical pain! Finally she tells me I can take an oxy every 12 hours. Dang-if she had seen what my breat looked like I think she would have injected me with the damn oxy. I have learned that if already have a script, that I am using my own laymans judgement for my body and screw most of the medical people!
What is hard is differentiating pain from incision or redness and "reaction" from adhesive of the bandages. I don't care, if I want to sleep ell I will take an oxy 10mg and a Valium 10mg.
Thank you Chris!
I would love to be a le to talk with you. If that is an option, please pm me your number and when I can call you (Israel is usually seven hours later than NY).
Mikimi
Most Active