No seepage post TT, lipo, lift???

lptazbear66
on 10/27/13 5:56 am - Murfreesboro, TN

I read so many post of the scars leaking/ seepage after TT but I have had none from the TT or breast lift scars.  Did others not have any?  Is it because they didn't have drain tubes?  Then again I don't have drains on breast, just tummy, and no leakage on breast either.  

moonglo82
on 10/27/13 10:40 am
VSG on 03/29/12

I think this is one of those things that varies from person to person.  My husband has four drains at the moment... he had a tt, lipo on his flanks, and chest contouring, and so far the only seepage he has had is on his flanks.  The drains seem to be catching the rest of it.  The dr said that some seepage is normal, though, but he acted like it might or might not happen (I may not have fully absorbed what he was saying after waiting in the hospital's waiting room for six hours though lol)

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

godzilla
on 10/27/13 12:14 pm - Israel
I had a breast incision open up on the areola and leak about two months after BL/BR and I took iPhone pics. I rarely turn on my computer but if you want I can email you pics. My body does all sorts of wired things during it's healing process - and I am not a diabetic.
Mikimi in Israel
MyLady Heidi
on 10/27/13 3:10 pm

My neck never seeped, one arm did for a few days because a stitch popped.  My tt only seeped where the drains were after they were pulled and that was only until the tiny opening scabbed over.

MyBariatricLife
on 10/28/13 7:58 pm

I never had any seepage with my TT.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

lptazbear66
on 10/31/13 10:13 pm - Murfreesboro, TN

I did have a little for a day when the tubes came out and just 1 of them did it.  I am happy I bought the gauze and just didn't need it. Now I am scared with a few of you saying you had  stitched areas pop open. Did they have to reset?  That would freak me out. 

RNY at Vanderbilt Nashville, TN July 26, 2010 with Dr Clements. All loss is post op        
MyLady Heidi
on 11/1/13 12:59 am

Nope it healed over on its own, I couldn't even tell you which arm it was now.

Tess145
on 11/1/13 3:27 am - Senatobia, MS

The only seepage I had was after the drains were removed and that was just that day before hole sealed up.  I never had any leakage from the areas that were cut and sewn back up.

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

Most Active