Is a panni the same as a mini TT?

Huneypie
on 11/25/13 2:50 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

I'm sensing that a panni and mini TT are the same thing from what I'm reading, and I was just curious as to whether I was getting the right idea.  TIA 

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Donna E.
on 11/25/13 5:18 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 08/16/12
Yes, they are the same.

Huneypie
on 11/25/13 1:08 pm - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Thanks.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

godzilla
on 11/25/13 6:12 am - Israel
I'm not sure they are the same as I think of a mini TT as part of a mommy makeover after births whereas as a panni (I think also called an apronectomy) is the lower hanging jelly belly which is very often approved by one's HMO and I don't think a mini TT would be covered by the HMO.
Did you google each by itself?
Either way, I am happy with my panni (paid for by my HMO) and as my PS pulled the upper abdomen down, I have a "non-circumfercial" TT. But I am just happy to not have the 3K that was my hanging belly nor the continual existence of the fungi rash that refused to go away!
I'm falling asleep as I ytype on my iPhone so please ignore any typos.
Mikimi in Israel
Huneypie
on 11/25/13 1:10 pm - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
I was getting the impression they're the same thing from reading on here.

I  my DS  

Laura in Texas
on 11/25/13 8:57 am

I think they are different. I believe a mini-tummy tuck is mainly for women who have a little loose skin after childbirth or a small weight loss, definitely not massive weight loss by most of us bariatric patients. A panni just removes the skin and generally does not give "pretty" results.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Huneypie
on 11/25/13 1:11 pm - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Thank you.

I  my DS  

godzilla
on 11/25/13 5:43 pm - Israel
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panniculus

http://rlbatesmd.blogspot.co.il/search?q=Panniculectomy&m=1

Huniepie: take a look at these sites to see if you glean more info.
Mikimi in Israel
Huneypie
on 11/26/13 2:05 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Interesting - I'm thinking I'm a mini TT candidate as I lost 45 lbs to make it to the healthy range and don't have any stretch marks, just a little remnant blubber the worst of which is the lower stomach.

I  my DS  

Most Active