Six Months Out LBL

Cinn
on 12/10/13 4:34 am - MI

I'm doing very well as I heal slowly and had minor complications. I'm not 100% thrilled with my results. Surgeon said my skin has lost all elasticity so my tummy is not flat.

I seem to ALWAYS be bloated. My tummy fells like a trampoline when you push on it, like it's stretched and swollen at all times.

On my right side I have a large, hard mass. I'm assuming it's scar tissue. The surgeon is done with me. Sent me on my merry way at about 3 months out.

Just wondering if any of this is normal or typical. Surgeon said I was an anomaly because my tummy wasn't flat. Yeah whatever!

RNY: 9/3/2008     LBL: 6/5/2013

Laura in Texas
on 12/10/13 4:52 am

Personally, it sounds like your surgeon is blaming you instead of his lack of skill.

My skin had no elasticity either, after losing 200 pounds but my stomach is flat.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Patricia R.
on 12/17/13 3:24 am - New Oxford, PA

I've been told by 6 different surgeons that my LBL got all that it could and if I wanted the rest of it removed I would need a fleur de lis cut done.  From what I can tell by reading others posts, this is not uncommon. 

You may be swelling some still from the surgery but my understanding is that most swelling issues are resolved by a year out.  I am a year and a half out and I still have swelling.  However, I've also had intestinal problems so abdominal swelling can come from that too. 

As for the hard mass, please get it checked by a physician.  It could be nothing to worry about but it could indicate a problem as well. 

Good luck to you!

Most Active