Tummy being done 12/23

Shanelle S.
on 12/19/13 12:03 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 01/17/12

Hi Everyone,

Haven't posted in a while and just wanted to update everyone.  I am going in for a extended tummy tuck with muscle tightening and a little lipo on lower sides where my pants pushes up all the fat on Monday 12/23/2014.    I opted to pay the additional $200 for the pain pump/numbing medicine for 48 hours.  It is outpatient at a surgical center. I have a recliner and think I am pretty much ready.  I will have two drains.  I am going to look for the toilet seat to raise mine though.  Please keep me in your prayers.  I gratefully accept any and all advise.

Revision from LB Highest Weight 267 SW 248.9 CW 188.4 GW 175       

godzilla
on 12/20/13 8:24 am - Israel
Extra protein.
Homeopathic remedies are an option.
As the above poster wrote about "Straining on the toilet" be careful in that department as akin meds are known to cause constipation. I did not have toilet seat but a stool to put my feet on when is had my "long sit" on the toilet.
I'm glad your dare is almost here!
Mikimi in Israel
happyteacher
on 12/20/13 11:39 am

Just had this done last week.  Good news is recovery is very tolerable.  I had the Q ball, couldn't tell you how much it helped because I didn't experience it without it, but I was glad to have it.  I came out with four drains though, and hope to get them out tomorrow morning.  The recliner is important.  I thought about getting the toilet seat, but really didn;t need it though... as long as you raise yourself using your legs it is Ok.  Getting in and out of bed at home the first few nights didn't work, but I am only a week and half out and have not had any problems for a while.  It hurt to cough, sneeze, or laugh for several days.  I am super happy with the results so far, and the swelling has gone down a lot already.  My husband says the scar lines look like scratches now they are so much better... not really, but they do look a lot better :)

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

happyteacher
on 12/20/13 11:40 am

Oh, about constipation.  I gave it a couple days.  Had surgery on Monday but nothing by Thursday.  Took 2 colace in the morning and 2 more at night- worked great.  After that just made sure I got my fiber in and no issues other than needing to be slightly more patient.  

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

TracyK
on 12/23/13 9:36 pm - FL

Congrats on your surgery, I just had my TT on the 18th and the drains (2) removed yesterday!  The bathroom is an issue since I didn't have my first BM until yesterday, with help from a laxative.  I didn't need much extra pain medicine other than the pills that were given to me to take home.  My stomach is yellow, brown, and black but is really flat.  I can say to keep moving.  I make laps around my dining room and it has helped me be able to feel better and keep the gas coming too.   

Hope your recovery is fast!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Tracy

Lap-Band/Dec 2004 - Starting weight: 230
Band Removal June 2015 (Sadly) - Weight 215
Revision Apr 2017 - Weight 240, CW 194, GW - 145

Shanelle S.
on 12/24/13 2:04 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 01/17/12

Hi. I am done with tummy tuck. Pain is minimal thank GOD!  I was expecting the worse which I think makes it easier along with q pump. i was 196 going in so needless to say I still have a lot of fat at top. It ain't but so much you can lipo b4 it's dangerous. anything is an improvement.  Overall it seems flat at bottom.  Put bags of frozen peas around stomach and taking arnica. Been staying up on mess and Benadryl. Thank you for all prayers and advice. Maybe if I lose more weight, I can have lipo of top of stomach with breast lift. Who knows when that will be gotta pay for belly first. Any advise will be welcomed. 

Revision from LB Highest Weight 267 SW 248.9 CW 188.4 GW 175       

Most Active