ER three hours each way

godzilla
on 2/24/14 8:41 am - Israel
After swelling or edema of my bra blubber removal, and feeling like I was not making any progress of healing, I convinced my GP to refer me to the ER (and not in my city as they don't understand plastics) and I went on a three hour bus ride to the hospital where my procedure was done.
Considering the bedlam that can occur in any ER, I arrived at 3pm and was finished by 6:30pm. I was seen by a student ps who spoke better English than Hebrew do as an American I was quite happy to speak in my native tongue.
She asked questions and examined and photographed my incision in its redness and swelling. She then apologized that she had to stitch up the face of a two year old and would also consult with senior ps on my case,and get back to me shortly. It was decided that the topical antibiotic cream and my oral antibiotic were not working correctly on my body so I was given scripts for different ones and to return to plastics clinic on Sunday to see how things progress.
A friend with a car came to get me and drive me to a pharmacy that works under agreement with my HMO (the hospital has a 24 hour pharmacy however it does not honor my HMO magnetic card and I have a discount on meds due to Disability). I then took the 8:30pm bus home.
I was home by 11:30pm and solar water shower was a pleasure, although attempting to cream an area of about 20 long along the bra band line from corner of the boob to under the arm pit is a real challenge, and then thin tape to hold the gauze bandage in place. I can't wait for tomorrow night when a friend can help me after my shower.
I live alone and tension on the incision is to be avoided so as to heal.
Some words I think in Hebrew so please forgive my lack of correct vocabulary.
Mikimi in Israel
MyBariatricLife
on 2/24/14 12:42 pm

Wow, what an ordeal. I am sorry you have to go through so much difficultly with your recoveries. Hang in there.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

godzilla
on 2/25/14 8:11 am - Israel
I always have something and yet I want to feel and look better.
Mikimi
Crazeru
on 2/25/14 7:53 am

You have had more than your share of problems.  Get better sweetie!

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

godzilla
on 2/25/14 8:13 am - Israel
My healing is never dull that's for sure!
But I do feel more secure knowing I have a clinic appointment on Sunday.
Mikimi
Most Active